View Poll Results: How Does ATT Devices Compare to Verizon

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Are you Kidding, ATT is way ahead!

0 0%
  • Verizon is better, it's the "Network" Stupid!

3 75.00%
  • ATT is ahead, but Verizon is catching up fast!

1 25.00%
  • I'd prefer not to say!

0 0%
    So now they will have the Bold, Iphone, and the best Android device out there. Like I said, where are the cool phones for Verizon? If ATT had decent service, Verizon would be toast.
    01-30-10 07:52 AM
    Oh, this cool - a Sprint user in the VZW forums ragging on VZW phones while comparing ATT. Nice

Have a nice day.

PS- I think I read as well that this device to which you reference will come to VZW as well. As you know - VZW does not always release right away, cause VZW lets SPRINT and ATT users work out the bugs
    01-30-10 07:56 AM
    So now they will have the Bold, Iphone, and the best Android device out there. Like I said, where are the cool phones for Verizon? If ATT had decent service, Verizon would be toast.
    The Nexus was never an exclusive phone.
    01-30-10 08:28 AM
    PS- I think I read as well that this device to which you reference will come to VZW as well. As you know - VZW does not always release right away, cause VZW lets SPRINT and ATT users work out the bugs
    besides with that awesome storm vzw released. lol.
    01-30-10 08:29 AM
    Will not argue that one
    01-30-10 08:32 AM
    Where did you see that AT$T is getting it? There is no mention of them on the google page, just T-Mo, VZW, and Vodaphone.
    01-30-10 01:40 PM
    Omega is a many things except accurate, his post are based off of pure emotion instead of facts most times. I wonder if its even true...
    01-30-10 01:45 PM
    So far the Nexus one has not proved to be the best android device released, although one of the most anticipated next to the Moto Droid. The nexus one has been having service problems and so far is looking a bit unstable. Give it some more time and then it could be a stable and top android device.
    01-30-10 01:51 PM
    Where did you see that AT$T is getting it? There is no mention of them on the google page, just T-Mo, VZW, and Vodaphone.
    The tech blogs are reporting a nexus 1 with att bands got passed by the fcc. So there's a good chance it is. On the other hand it might be going to a canadian carrier..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 01:54 PM
    Have you ever used a Storm? What awesome phone do you use? The problem with the initial Storms was probably the OS in general and some phones with build problems. Two OS upgrades on Verizon have made the Storm a good phone. They made things work faster and smoother. Notice I didn't call it awesome or amazing but I haven't seen any phones that meet the criteria for those superlatives.
    01-30-10 03:29 PM
    Have you ever used a Storm? What awesome phone do you use? The problem with the initial Storms was probably the OS in general and some phones with build problems. Two OS upgrades on Verizon have made the Storm a good phone. They made things work faster and smoother. Notice I didn't call it awesome or amazing but I haven't seen any phones that meet the criteria for those superlatives.
    The storms are in their own touch screen category, because in my eyes they don't really compare to other touch screens and the customers their aimed at pulling in. Android and iphone are aimed at consumers who want apps and great browsers, you know an entertaining mobile device (although I use my droid for work). But the storm is aimed at bb users and business users who want some sort of touch screen experience with their bb UI (in my opinion)

Last edited by DR.ANDROID; 01-30-10 at 08:47 PM.
    01-30-10 03:40 PM
    AT&T better hope they get this phone... AT&T cant stand not to have th best phones in there lineup, if not, that carrier would not stand a chance to survive at all. There only hopes at staying a live is trying to get the best phones, but even that wont help them much as there getting worse and worse with service. AT&T is digging there grave year by year
    01-30-10 03:45 PM
    So far the Nexus one has not proved to be the best android device released, although one of the most anticipated next to the Moto Droid. The nexus one has been having service problems and so far is looking a bit unstable. Give it some more time and then it could be a stable and top android device.
    I politely ask you to describe the biggest differences between the Moto Droid and the Nexus One.
    01-30-10 06:37 PM
    I politely ask you to describe the biggest differences between the Moto Droid and the Nexus One.
    Keyboard a downfall in my opinion for the droid but you can learn how to use it fluently, the service providers are huge as well moto droid is on a far better carrier then the nexus one will be on now or later, then battery life the nexus one has a less superior battery life then the droid, and finally that snapdragon processor thats the one thing the nexus one is crushing the droid in that thing is blazing fast, and yes i have both devices. (thanks for being polite by the way)
    Last edited by DR.ANDROID; 01-30-10 at 08:46 PM.
    01-30-10 06:42 PM
    The storms are in their own touch screen category, because in my eyes they don't really compare to other touch screens and the customers their aimed at pulling in. Android and iphone are aimed at comsumers who want apps and great browsers, you know an entertaining mobile device although I use my droid for work. But the storm is aimed at bb users and business users who want some sort of touch screen experience in my opinion

I couldn't agree more with your post.
    01-30-10 08:43 PM
    I couldn't agree more with your post.
    thank you, that post is one of the main reasons why i dont understand how us android users, and iphone users could get in to arguments with guys who are on a storm. samething visa versa, how can you claim your device is better when they are geared to do different things. Now i know RIM did bring out the touch screen to pull in more consumers but i dont believe it was to pull in the iphone or android crowd. Although the media hyped it up to be that way. Also with openGl it looks as RIM might be gearing up and putting their OS in a spot to grab from the iphone android consumer lake. We'll see though it could just be them wanting to give their customers a little fun as well.
    01-30-10 08:50 PM
    The Nexus One is having service problems? And it's not offered on Verizon? Hmm.....
    02-02-10 12:15 PM
    Who cares what AT&T is getting?? Besides, It was already reported that Verizon is also getting the Nexus One. Patience my child.

Verizon getting Google's Nexus One in Spring 2010 -- Engadget

crocoPuffs: Arnold Schwarzenegger Soundboard

Click on the "Stop Whining!" button.
    Last edited by cenloe; 02-02-10 at 01:15 PM.
    02-02-10 01:05 PM
    ATT may be getting the Nexus, but Verzon definitely is, and verizon is also rumored to be getting the iphone. Verizon is also has the Tour line which is equivalent to the Bold line. I would say the offerings are comparable, maybe a slight edge to ATT, but it's no where near the gaping chasm it once was!

I made the title more realistic for a thread posted in the Verizon forum, and added a poll.
    02-02-10 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD