03-10-12 09:16 AM
35 12
tools
    I just thought I would give an update to my question on page 1 of this thread. now that I have my Tour I have been switching back and forth to my Curve, AND i do it completely mobile which is important to me because I do not have a land line and my BB is my Computer Modem.

here is my process:

turn OFF the device that is active.
    turn on the device you want to activate (or make sure your network connection is on)
    once i have 1xev I call *228 opt 3
    wait for the device to be activated(the phone will beep to confirm).
    I have to wait a couple minutes to aquire a data connection, but once i go from 1xev to 1XEV I go to Advance Options>Host Routing Table>Register.
    once I get my confirmation that my device has been registered I then go to E-Mail set up from my device.
    Log into my BIS account>change Device - you should see the PIN for the device you have activated.

that's it! all in all it might take about 10 minutes. I have switched 3 times now form the Curve to the Tour.

last night I took the Curve apart, cleaned the trackball, cleaned the dust between the screen and lens. I decided that I will keep up to date on software updates and apps updated on the Curve as it will be a great "beater" device (or take fishing device, or take camping device, etc). my Tour feels too much like a weekend driving sports car LOL
    07-15-09 11:10 AM
    I'm trying to switch from a tour on my mom's line --> her actual phone (the chocolate) and take the 8830 off my line and add the tour. It's not working - I'm getting prettyyy angry.
    07-15-09 11:24 AM
    I'm posting here as not to start a new thread. I am not given option 3 when I dial *228, I've been wanting to use this method to switch between my Storm and Pearl but have had no luck. Do you guys and gals have any insight? Thanks in advance!
    02-23-10 06:24 PM
    No one?
    02-27-10 02:58 AM
    I can't wait till I get to the point to change cuz I want the tour and not the storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 02:33 AM
    I'm posting here as not to start a new thread. I am not given option 3 when I dial *228, I've been wanting to use this method to switch between my Storm and Pearl but have had no luck. Do you guys and gals have any insight? Thanks in advance!
    I just tried it and option 3 is available, hmm.......I still switch between my Tour and 8330 Curve quite frequently

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 06:47 AM
    Wonder if it is based on location? Is it prompting you for 3 options? When I dial *228 I am prompted for two options, when I hit 3 it tells me it is an invalid entry... It is kind of starting to **** me off.
    02-28-10 08:18 AM
    The hardest part about switching blackberries is moving your BIS to your new pin. Not very hard for most, but every once in awhile, somebody will have a bis account-name they can't remember or something like that.
    02-28-10 03:29 PM
    The hardest part about switching blackberries is moving your BIS to your new pin. Not very hard for most, but every once in awhile, somebody will have a bis account-name they can't remember or something like that.
    Yeah the PIN switch is no sweat, I just need *228 to give me the third option which it isn't and I'd like to know why.
    03-01-10 09:25 AM
    Actually it is option #1 now, then you will be prompted to enter your phone number, then your account password and it will all take less than 2 minutes total to activate. Turn off the old phone first and call *228 with the new phone.

How's that for bumping a 2-yr old thread?
    03-10-12 09:16 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD