11-02-13 05:51 PM
50 12
tools
    Don't worry about your husband's phone, just leave his as it is. The Q will be activated on his line with the micro sim that comes with it. Since you have a note 2 you won't need the extra micro sim. I have a Storm 2, so I needed the new micro-sim for my line. When you activate the phone on your line, just stick in your micro-sim, and you should be good to go

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ediggity; 06-01-13 at 12:23 PM. Reason: misclick
    06-01-13 12:19 PM
    Don't worry about your husband's phone, just leave his as it is. The Q will be activated on his line with the micro sim that comes with it. Since you have a note 2 you won't need the extra micro sim. I have a Storm 2, so I needed the new micro-sim for my line. When you activate the phone on your line, just stick in your micro-sim, and you should be good to go

Posted via CB10
    So my fiance is on my family plan and she just upgraded to the Samsung S4 a week ago which came with the SIM card. If I have her use my upgrade on her line, do I need to take her current sim and swap with her? What affects will this have on her current phone?
    06-01-13 12:48 PM
    So my fiance is on my family plan and she just upgraded to the Samsung S4 a week ago which came with the SIM card. If I have her use my upgrade on her line, do I need to take her current sim and swap with her? What affects will this have on her current phone?
    Did she use her own upgrade to get her phone as well? I'm not sure Verizon will allow two consecutive upgrades on the same line because when you upgrade you are signing another contract.

If this isn't the case and she got her phone retail then you would use the sim for yourself that comes with the phone, and let her activate the Q or Z with her sim. Then, you have your sim to activate the phone on your line. Remember the sim cards are tied to the #'s not the phone.

Posted via CeeBee 10 on that Whiteberry
    00stryder likes this.
    06-02-13 10:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but how does one use sim with an iphone, no slot?

sent from my Verizon Note2...
    06-02-13 11:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    So to confirm, I don't need my husbands iphone with me when I activate the q10 on it? And after I deactivate it, can I activate the q10 same day onto my unlimited line? Or do I have to wait 24 hours?

06-05-13 09:23 PM
    So to confirm, I don't need my husbands iphone with me when I activate the q10 on it? And after I deactivate it, can I activate the q10 same day onto my unlimited line? Or do I have to wait 24 hours?

Correct. All you have to do is have the Q10 activated on your Husband's line with the SIM card that comes with the phone, not the SIM card that is in your phone. (Now when I did this same thing with my Wife's line I kept the phone on her line for 24 hours just to be safe but I don't know if this is necessary. Anyone else know?) After the phone is activated on your husbands line, verify by making a phone call and accessing the web, remove the SIM card from the Q10 and place the SIM card from your Note 2 in the Q10. After that you should be good to go.

You will need to reactivate your Husband's iPhone on his line by calling *228 and choosing option 1 then following the prompts.

Good luck.
    06-06-13 02:50 PM
    Thanks, but I ended up deciding to just drop unlimited, as when I changed my order they made upgrade on my phone, not my husband's. Even though they said I could still activate on my husband's I would have to accept conditions on mine first. Figured the share everything plan was fine since what we are paying I could match price and get 10gb data plan which should be well enough. Plus add tablet for only $10.

But when I activated on my phone with unlimited plan, it didn't drop my unlimited?? Still says I have unlimited!!

I am fine with either plan as of now, but anyone know why it kept the unlimited on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 03:36 PM
    Thanks, but I ended up deciding to just drop unlimited, as when I changed my order they made upgrade on my phone, not my husband's. Even though they said I could still activate on my husband's I would have to accept conditions on mine first. Figured the share everything plan was fine since what we are paying I could match price and get 10gb data plan which should be well enough. Plus add tablet for only $10.

But when I activated on my phone with unlimited plan, it didn't drop my unlimited?? Still says I have unlimited!!

I am fine with either plan as of now, but anyone know why it kept the unlimited on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    It may be a glitch in the system or it may just take a little while to update in the system. Keep an eye on it along with your data usage for the rest of your billing cycle and the next. You may have gotten lucky and get to keep your unlimited.
    ediggity likes this.
    06-08-13 11:43 PM
    I'm on a 700 min nationwide talk and text with Verizon. I have unlimited data. What I did is ordered a new line for my son and chose the Z10. When it arrived, I called customer service and told them I wanted to put the Z on my unlimited # and transfer my torch to the new number. Voil! I now have a 4G LTE Z10 with unlimited text/mms and data. For another 29.99 I can add unlimited data hot spot. My sons line is unlimited text/mms but only has 2GB of data. If my plan had changed my unlimited text/mms and data would have been gone. That would have sucked. So it can be done. If they drop it in error, fight to get it back! Even though I never go over 5GB, it's nice to know that if I want to stream video all day, I can. Hope this helps everyone. Outright buy the phone, or add a 2nd /3rd line and transfer the device to the unlimited #.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Also, the sim that came in the box with the Z worked with my number. Tech support just had to make some changes in the database, I booted the phone and my number was there. Tech informed me that 4G phones on VZ network no longer need programing by dialing #228. The 4G phones automatically program once they're turned on. Just a heads up!
    08-18-13 09:27 PM
    Recently ordered z10 from Amazon. Com..
    And the check out screen says I keep my current plan, which is the 450min/unlimited plan.

This is definitely a bug since I am buying the with discount and new 2 year contract, only $0.01 plus tax.

I took the chance, got the phone, activated it and so far so gopd.

I keep my fingers crossed, and let's see what the first month bill look like.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:26 AM
    I bought my Z10 out right for 520$ and kept my Unlimited plan. Boom that's all you do. Verizon provided me with a free sim card. It's that easy.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 09:47 PM
    I bought my Z10 out right for 520$ and kept my Unlimited plan. Boom that's all you do. Verizon provided me with a free sim card. It's that easy.

So, is this the only way this can be done? If I wait till my two year is up in October, if I purchased a Z10 or waited for the Z 30 I would not be able to keep my unlimited with a 2 year? I would have to purchase the phone at full price?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 10:53 PM
    Yes if you buy at the subsidized rate you lose your unlimited data. They will "grandfather you in" if buy the phone you want out right. That is the only way.

Buy at subsidized rates and you will be a proud member of the share plan with limited data on the Verizon network.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 04:13 AM
    Bought my Z10 subsidized online and had shipped to me on day 1 Still receiving unlimited data. Have heard of some others that had the same thing happen. Not sure why I'm still unlimited since at checkout it confirmed that I had to change data plans and made me choose another one. But almost 5 months later its still going.
    08-25-13 07:52 PM
    Transfered my subsidized upgrade to my third line (iPhone 5). Ordered the Z10 online. When it came I put the sim card into the Z10 and activated replacing the iPhone 5. Called verizon and said I wanted to reactivate my son's iPhone 5 and transfer the Z10 to my line. After some sweet talk to the customer rep for 10 Min about the weather while she worked, the transfer was complete, iPhone 5 was re-activated and I kept my unlimited data, no questions asked.
    09-11-13 05:17 PM
    I just bought a new phone from a private party. We did the exchange at a Verizon store to make sure the ID was legitimate and Verizon put the new sim card in and I was activated. I get to keep my UNlimited data. I am quite sure somehow, somewhere down the line they will find yet another way to terminate unlimited data but at the moment..........
    09-18-13 12:22 AM
    Buy at Costco for $229.99 and keep your unlimited plan.
    09-18-13 04:50 PM
    Bought my Q10 outright and got to keep my unlimited data too. Ebay can be good for some things :P

Twitch

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:14 AM
    I'm finding Verizon Z10s for around $200 on eBay, hell even one for $180. Now that is very tempting.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    10-17-13 07:49 AM
    I bought mine at a VZW store for $299 to keep my unlimited data plan. Sales Manager gave a half hearted speech about switching plans but backed off and moved on to some sheeple when I laughed at him.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 02:46 PM
    I would have done the same thing, but the unlimited data plan gets throttled after 2.5GB. I was offered 6GB for the same $30/month and a $0 contract phone with my upgrade. I went that route.
    10-30-13 03:52 PM
    I would have done the same thing, but the unlimited data plan gets throttled after 2.5GB. I was offered 6GB for the same $30/month and a $0 contract phone with my upgrade. I went that route.
    Are you sure about that? I've only heard of them throttling when on 3G and only if you are on a congested tower.
    10-31-13 09:01 AM
    100% sure. Was offered at my local Costco. Went to local Verizon store and confirmed throttling. Couldn't match offer, so went back to Costco. Done deal.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:15 PM
    100% sure. Was offered at my local Costco. Went to local Verizon store and confirmed throttling. Couldn't match offer, so went back to Costco. Done deal.

Posted via CB10
    I have never been throttled, you must be in a congested area. Verizon doss not throttle unlimited data users. You should look at the Verizon forums on android central. People are using upwards of 60GB of data.

Sent from my XT907 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-02-13 05:41 PM
    Never been throttled myself, but I've never gone above 3 GB of data in a month.

I kept my unlimited data through a glitch when I upgraded to the Z10 in March. Dunno how it happened, as the second line on my plan has only 2 GB now...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:51 PM
50 12