I recently cancelled my vzw contract and I have two fairly new bb tours I would like to sell. Are the pins automaticly cleared because I cancelled my contract or do I still need to call vzw?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:05 PM
    The pin are in the device, they can be cancelled. If you sell your phone the next owner will use your old pin.

03-16-10 10:11 PM
    I recently cancelled my vzw contract and I have two fairly new bb tours I would like to sell. Are the pins automaticly cleared because I cancelled my contract or do I still need to call vzw?

Not saying you didn't but if you don't pay the ETF's the ESN and PIN numbers of the phones will be black listed. The only way they will be cleared is to pay the bill.
    03-16-10 10:31 PM
    Not saying you didn't but if you don't pay the ETF's the ESN and PIN numbers of the phones will be black listed. The only way they will be cleared is to pay the bill.
    CrackBerryBryan,
    So what you are saying is once the etfs are paid in full the ESNs and PINs (I have two Tours) will be cleared without me having to call?
    03-16-10 11:15 PM
    CrackBerryBryan,
    So what you are saying is once the etfs are paid in full the ESNs and PINs (I have two Tours) will be cleared without me having to call?
    What he is saying is that if you owe Verizon any money on the account that the phones were on they won't release the ESNs so that whoever purchases your phones can activate them. No amount of calls will get them released but a zero balance account will clear them with no need for action on your part.
    03-17-10 06:15 AM
    Don't forget to delete your BIS accounts.
    03-17-10 02:19 PM
    Thanks, you guys have been very helpful. To delete the BIS accounts do I just login to the vzw BIS site and delete my email address?

03-17-10 03:50 PM
    You can try, but if your service is not active then the BIS accounts are also suspended and login will be denied.
    03-17-10 05:58 PM
    CrackBerryBryan,
    Bingo! Ask Verizon to cancel the BIS accounts for each line as well!
    03-17-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD