I ride a motercycle and have always caried my MP3 player with me to listen to tunes while I ride. Now that I have the music loaded on my blackberry I started experimenting with using the VZ Nav app at the same time.
    I loaded the destination on the navigator, pushed it to the background, then started up the media player. When I came to the next turn the Navigator came through the music, but when it finished giving directions control didn't go back to the media player. It stayed paused.
    Obviously I need to figure out a smooth transition between the two for this to be useful, as I don't want to have to fool with the BB while on the bike.
    Anyone have any experience with this? Do I have something set up incorrectly or is this just not gonna work the way I want.

Three weeks with a Curve ..... totally addicted.
    08-12-08 07:29 PM
    Buy a second phone
    08-12-08 07:50 PM
    2 phones, 2 sets of headphones, *thinking*

nah ...... gotta have the music playing in both ears
    08-12-08 08:25 PM
    Is there a way to mute the sound in VZ Navigator?

I've never used it, but that's my solution for Nav4All.
    08-12-08 09:19 PM
    I don't think I understand your response, Pawpaw. If you mute the navigator how do you hear the instructions for the next turn? Could you clarify for me?
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 10:13 PM
    You not understanding my reply is probably because I don't understand exactly how VZ Navigator works.

Since I don't want to pay for VZ Navigator, I instead bought a bluetooth GPS puck and use Nav4All.

Although Nav4All has voice prompts, 1) they don't work well on my Curve and 2) They are really not needed with the way Nav4All works.

Instead of making you read a map on that little screen, it shows turn-by-turn directions like this:

The program is very accurate and will automatically re-route if you miss a turn or decide to go your own way.

It will even automatically switch to night colors when it starts getting dark. It uses your current position along with sunrise & sunset times to figure out when to make the switch.

Also, since it's not constantly updating a moving map, it uses far less bandwidth.

That sure was a long-winded way of saying I don't use the voice prompts, wasn't it?

If you want to know more about it, just let me know.
    08-12-08 11:28 PM
    Thanks for the explaination. I can see where that would work really well for all of the reasons that you mentioned. However, since I'm trying to set up for when I am riding the motorcycle I'm trying to come up with a solution where I don't have to look away from the road or have to fiddle with the BB.
    I find that the bike requires a lot more alertness than driving a car. Besides looking where I'm going I have to make sure that no one is aimed at me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 12:02 AM
    Thanks for the explaination. I can see where that would work really well for all of the reasons that you mentioned. However, since I'm trying to set up for when I am riding the motorcycle I'm trying to come up with a solution where I don't have to look away from the road or have to fiddle with the BB.
    I find that the bike requires a lot more alertness than driving a car. Besides looking where I'm going I have to make sure that no one is aimed at me
    I know the feeling. I haven't ridden a motorcycle in many years, although I still have it on my license.

My last bike was a Norton Commando. Some days I would get off and walk all the way around it, looking for the bullseye!
    08-13-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD