I've read some about what people are paying and don't understand all of it. I have about another year on my contract but am not sure if I want to stay with verizon after its over, meaning I don't want to extend my contract. I went into a vzw store today and told the guy and he said if I don't extend my contract, I don't have a chance of getting the phone for under 419.00 or whatever the retail price is. I'd be changing plans to the 900 Minute BB plan for $119 which I think I understood correctly should substitute $100? What else can I pull, I told him if I cant get it for 2yr contract price im just gonna switch to T-mobile which I can get a curve for free and he didnt seem to care at all and told me nothing he can do and walked off. (He was the manager too)
    06-02-08 09:22 PM
    honestly the only way I know you can get it for at least two year pricing is if you sign a two year contract using annual upgrade or something.

you might be able to find one on ebay, but since the 8330 is so new I don't know how cheap you could get one.
    06-02-08 11:06 PM
    I always pay full retail because i change phones so often. It's just the price you have to pay. I paid 419.99 for the pearl a few months ago...and 2 weeks later full retail went down to 369.99. Major bummer, but nothing you can do bout it. Usually they wont give you any rebates either, since you are not purchasing with a promotion or extending your contract.(this has been my experience)

You can upgrade with an annual upgrade discount of $50, but you already stated that you do not want to extend your contract.

I wonder what the pearl's price is down to now if the curve is 419 lol. Darn. Rather not look.
    06-02-08 11:11 PM
    I called Sprint telesales on May 15th (just to compare phones and see what I would like to get in the next month or so). The salesman told me the Curve was available for about $280 with my rebates. I told him the only way I would buy today was if I could break the phone purchase up into some payments. To my astonishment he put me on hold and came back and said no problem I could break it into 3 payments. So I said "Deal".

Well, my bill was posted online with the phone purchase not broken up. So I called Sprint Customer Service. Long Story Short (yes, it was a bit long conversation and 4 or 5 transfers) the telesales rep made a deal he wasn't authorized to do. But if I paid half of the phone with my next bill they would allow me to pay the rest in 21 days after that.

So along with finding a way to creatively finance my purchase with sprint, this story goes to show you that if you are patient with the customer service rep they will do what they can to assist you.
    06-02-08 11:38 PM
    When you are so far off in your contract, its tuff to negotiate anything. It may be cheaper to pay termination fee and go else where unless you love your carrier.
    06-02-08 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD