HELLO ALL!!

I am currently in the middle of a debate of whether i should get the 9930 or not since I have been a bb lover since the old curve then the storm, then it just seemed that everyone around me had the iphone and there i was at the apple store getting one. long story short, i am currently using the samsung galaxy note 2 but i want so badly to go back to a blackberry!! the only thing that is really keeping me from getting a blackberry is because i cannot seem to find any information on how to set up a bb as a mobile hotspot for free on the verizon network.

on my current samsung phone, i use a app called foxfi (paid 8bucks initially) and use it as a mobile hotspot at times and i love it!

i wouldn't mind having to pay about 10 bucks to buy an app, program, or whatever as long as i don't have to pay 30/month to verizon to enable hotspot (i still have unlimited data HA!)

and also... how is the group messaging on a bb?

any help would be appreciated!
    04-10-14 10:36 PM
    HELLO ALL!!

I am currently in the middle of a debate of whether i should get the 9930 or not since I have been a bb lover since the old curve then the storm, then it just seemed that everyone around me had the iphone and there i was at the apple store getting one. long story short, i am currently using the samsung galaxy note 2 but i want so badly to go back to a blackberry!! the only thing that is really keeping me from getting a blackberry is because i cannot seem to find any information on how to set up a bb as a mobile hotspot for free on the verizon network.

on my current samsung phone, i use a app called foxfi (paid 8bucks initially) and use it as a mobile hotspot at times and i love it!

i wouldn't mind having to pay about 10 bucks to buy an app, program, or whatever as long as i don't have to pay 30/month to verizon to enable hotspot (i still have unlimited data HA!)

and also... how is the group messaging on a bb?

any help would be appreciated!
    I use HOTSPOT all the time on my Q10 and YES I am with Verizon, not sure how it would be since you have a grandfather plan you wont have to worry about data usage. (hotspot is built into the phone, no need for an app or other program).
    04-10-14 10:44 PM
    but don't you pay 30/month to verizon to enable hotspot?? i'm looking for something that'll keep from paying the 30/month...
    04-10-14 10:48 PM
    You either keep your unlimited, and pay $30 for hotspot, or switch to a new plan (which could save you money depending on usage), and hotspot is unlocked.
    04-10-14 10:51 PM
    Same here - Q10 on Verizon. I can use the hotspot function built into BB10.

I don't pay Verizon extra for this - I'm on a "share everything" plan and it's included.

I use HOTSPOT all the time on my Q10 and YES I am with Verizon, not sure how it would be since you have a grandfather plan you wont have to worry about data usage. (hotspot is built into the phone, no need for an app or other program).
    04-10-14 11:03 PM
    my family doesn't have the share everything plan. we basically pay 10/line and then +30 for each smartphone for the unlimited data (it's been a while since all of us upgraded our phones since they don't have unlimited data anymore)

so basically if i wanna enable hotspot i have to pay an extra 30/month to use that feature, which is what i'm trying to avoid.

cos like i stated above, i'm currently doing that with my android and would love to figure out a way to do that with my bb
    04-10-14 11:26 PM
    my family doesn't have the share everything plan. we basically pay 10/line and then +30 for each smartphone for the unlimited data (it's been a while since all of us upgraded our phones since they don't have unlimited data anymore)

so basically if i wanna enable hotspot i have to pay an extra 30/month to use that feature, which is what i'm trying to avoid.

cos like i stated above, i'm currently doing that with my android and would love to figure out a way to do that with my bb
    You're not going to cheat the system on your BlackBerry.
    04-10-14 11:49 PM
    I believe Verizon only charges unlimited data customers for mobil hotspot. For those of us with data limits, it's an included service because if the hotspot causes us to go over our limit (a very real possibility), we get charged for the additional data. Verizon gets its $$ either way.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, OS 10.2.1.2234
    04-11-14 12:43 PM
    The only way to get free hotshot from Verizon is to be on the share everything plan. Any other plan you have to pay extra for it.

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    04-11-14 01:25 PM