I have a Curve 8330 on Verizon that I got on Ebay a couple months ago. I believe it is a refurb. Earlier tonight, after getting out of my car and taking the phone out of it's holster, I noticed the side plastic piece at the top, where the USB port and the headphone jack is, popped out and was slightly bent. I popped it back in, but it is still loose and not flush with the rest of the housing. I only have lost/ stolen insurance and would rather not do a claim right now. How can I find out if my phone is still under warranty? Can I just call Verizon? Any way to just do it online?
    08-23-09 11:57 PM
    Walk into a Verizon company store and ask them. Customer Service has always been very good to me. Even if it is not under warranty, sometimes they will help you out.

Be polite, VERY polite. Remember if it is not under warranty they don't have to help you.
    08-24-09 12:15 AM
    You could contact the seller to see how long they had it. The phone only has a 1yr warranty and thats only for a manufacturer's defect.

Insurance can cover those issues you mention...it doesn't just have to be lost or stolen. You call Asurion and file the claim and they overnight you a new one.
    08-24-09 01:28 AM
    The warranty is not transferable, but your problem is simple to resolve.

The case components interlock. You may have to remove the screws that secure the case, then press the side rails back into place.

You will need the correct screwdriver, it can be ordered from any of the BlackBerry repair and parts suppliers.
    08-24-09 10:10 AM
    The warranty is not transferable, but your problem is simple to resolve.

The case components interlock. You may have to remove the screws that secure the case, then press the side rails back into place.

You will need the correct screwdriver, it can be ordered from any of the BlackBerry repair and parts suppliers.

This is absolutely correct and easy to do. Give it a try!
    08-24-09 11:03 AM
    You can also usually get them at Home Depot or something like them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD