01-26-09 07:04 AM
32 12
tools
    How can I get out of contract with Verizon after the 30 days (I'm 38 days today) w/o paying the fee?
    01-01-09 10:12 AM
    You can complain your Storm is having problems and you are not happy or you can say that you get no service. I don't really know what you can say. Why did you wait so long when they give you 30. That's plenty of time.
    01-01-09 10:15 AM
    I think if you waited that long to decide, you should have to pay the fee. Sometimes there are exceptions.. but almost 40 days pheww..
    01-01-09 10:21 AM
    Good luck with that. There's absolutely nothing in it for them to let you out of your contract without your paying the fee. I've seen some posts where people have talked about getting out of Sprint contracts due to changes in the terms of service or additional fees being tacked on. Maybe you can find something like that, otherwise you're probably stuck.
    01-01-09 10:22 AM
    Why did you let it go past your 30 days? You must have known if you were happy or not within that time?
    01-01-09 10:29 AM
    I think you are sol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 10:41 AM
    I think you are sol.

Ok...what is sol?
    01-01-09 01:48 PM
    sh** outa luck
    01-01-09 01:50 PM
    Why did you let it go past your 30 days? You must have known if you were happy or not within that time?
    Well, first I had to return my phone after 2 weeks because it was having all these problems that the upgrade didn't seem to help and the customer service dept kept giving me the run around about it. And I am just not happy. With all the money we pay for the service I think it's not worth it. The new phone I got is not doing any better, just new problems.
    01-01-09 01:51 PM
    sh** outa luck
    LOL...(duh)
    01-01-09 01:52 PM
    Whew, I was hoping I wasn't sounding ugly.
    01-01-09 01:59 PM
    Short version is there is no way to do it. I'm typically very understanding with people, but there is no way I would let a customer out of contract after the 30-day period. We give people a full month already...
    01-01-09 02:01 PM
    Short version is there is no way to do it. I'm typically very understanding with people, but there is no way I would let a customer out of contract after the 30-day period. We give people a full month already...
    even after trying 2 phones that are giving me nothing but problems? They tell me to take to the store and they fiddle with it and tell me give it alittle time, but nothing. The store tells me to call Verizon and Verizon tells me to take it to the store...WTF??
    01-01-09 02:15 PM
    well get a new one then
    01-01-09 04:01 PM
    You have a 1 year warranty replace it again.

01-01-09 05:10 PM
    And you get 90 days from each replacement after that 1 year as well. in theory you can continue to get replacements for a long time.
    01-01-09 05:11 PM
    Just Curious....What types of problems are you having?
    01-01-09 11:12 PM
    I would just ask them, you won't get out of the contract but perhaps they will let you buy another phone at the discount price and maybe get them to give you a months service free to make up the difference...assuming you go from Storm to Curve.
    01-02-09 01:40 AM
    Just Curious....What types of problems are you having?
    It keeps freezing up, shuts off, clicking doesn't work sometimes, doing battery pulls up 4 times a day...etc.
    01-03-09 06:03 PM
    You are 8 days too late I am afraid. Unless of course you can produce a document stating you are deceased . . .then they will probably let you out!
    01-03-09 06:11 PM
    It keeps freezing up, shuts off, clicking doesn't work sometimes, doing battery pulls up 4 times a day...etc.
    I would definately suggest a little more research in the future to avoid a problem like this again. It is pretty common place in this industry for 1st gen devices to be problematic for months, sometimes close to a year.

Reviews are available for new devices within hours of release at countless websites. This website holds endless knowledge on all BlackBerry devices.

But, to get to your point. The contract you sign clearly outlines a 30 day Worry Free Guarantee trial period. The company has every right to deny any request to cancel service without an early termination fee and expect them to hold strong. I am sure this was not the answer you were hoping for. Take it as a lesson and hold out for a software update or 2 or continue to have it swapped out for free under your 1yr manufactorer warranty.
    01-03-09 06:23 PM
    One thing that everyone needs to remember about getting a swap every 90 days. You are getting a refurbish phone so you still may have a some residual problems from the past. With your history of bad phones, I would ask (demand) that your next replacement phone be a NEW phone. I have a hook (contact) with Verizon and I'll ask if there is a way to check to see if you get a new or refurbish phone.
    01-04-09 09:24 AM
    One thing that everyone needs to remember about getting a swap every 90 days. You are getting a refurbish phone so you still may have a some residual problems from the past. With your history of bad phones, I would ask (demand) that your next replacement phone be a NEW phone. I have a hook (contact) with Verizon and I'll ask if there is a way to check to see if you get a new or refurbish phone.
    My second phone was a NEW phone and still having some of the same problems, I guess maybe I was alittle spoiled with my Curve. I'm thinking of getting it unlocked and using it instead
    01-11-09 01:26 PM
    My second phone was a NEW phone and still having some of the same problems, I guess maybe I was alittle spoiled with my Curve. I'm thinking of getting it unlocked and using it instead
    Getting which phone unlocked? The curve can't be unlocked unless it is from ATT or Tmobile.
    01-11-09 02:41 PM
    I'd have 2say ur "sol" like somew else said-u shuldnt have waitd till day 38. But I suppose if u get a rep w/a heart on the line w/some understanding u may get outta it-i suppose nething is possible.

01-11-09 06:12 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD