Im sitting tight for the curve, but i know im walking into a full retail pricing and id like to try and save some $$ if possible

My current plan began 6 months ago

No idea if i have any upgrade allowance or anything like that

So do i have to pay full retail?
    04-12-08 02:40 PM
    i use verizon also.

but yes, you're walking into paying full retail. if it's not for your new every two, consider it full retail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 03:07 PM
    Hey I had to pay full retail for mine as well. I use AT&T but they have similar upgrade plans after a certain amount of time on your plan. I willingly shelled out the full retail price, and have not regretted it since.
    04-12-08 04:19 PM
    i guess it would depend on what store or retail u went to.. i went to a major att / cingualr store in our downtown mall and spoke with the sales rep there and got my wife the motorola Q and myself the new bb curve this was back in at the 1st of the year .. got both of them at new customer price and the rep wavied both act fees .. so i guess it would depend on what retail store u went to
    04-12-08 05:00 PM
    so no advantage to re signing my 2yr agreement? I always thought that earned a discount

whatever, i guess it will be like 500 or so?
    04-12-08 06:24 PM
    Check out Ebay. I know people are sometimes skeptical about Ebay but if you do your searching you can find reliable sellars. This is where I got my Pearl and it has been good to me so far.
    04-12-08 06:34 PM
    One option is you can cancel your current contract ($175 minus $5 each month you had the contract) and see if resigning a new contract will save you any money. It might not make much of a difference in price though and you will have to pay the activation fee again and get a new phone number. Just a suggestion if your looking to save money and don't mind signing a new two year contract. However, that sounds like a pain but it's an option.
    04-12-08 06:56 PM
    The manager at my local Verizon corporate store advised me that 12 months into a two year contract, you can resign a two year contract and get a new device at the two year contract price, and you will still only be under contract for 24 months, not 36 months (new 2year + remaining year of old contract). He specifically said, "basically you can get a new device every year at two year pricing"
    04-14-08 03:21 PM
    You can add a new line to your plan and get the discount and transfer the phone to your current line. You pay 9.99 for the line so its better than 500 for the phone.and you could give the extra line to a friend or something.

04-14-08 04:48 PM
    You can add a new line to your plan and get the discount and transfer the phone to your current line. You pay 9.99 for the line so its better than 500 for the phone.and you could give the extra line to a friend or something.

Yes and No. It is true what you are saying, only if the single line is on a $59.99 calling plan. Then the add a line would be $9.99 for a monthly of $69.99 plus blackberry email service. However, if they are on a $39.99 plan plus bb email service, they would have to change to a $60 family share plan (primary line) then the add a line would be for only $9.99 (that's a $30 increase a month) plus your bb email services.
    04-14-08 05:55 PM
    so no advantage to re signing my 2yr agreement? I always thought that earned a discount

whatever, i guess it will be like 500 or so?

but you just signed 6 months ago
    04-14-08 06:04 PM
    Welcome Newbie to CB.
    Last edited by latina berry; 04-15-08 at 11:49 AM.
    04-14-08 06:07 PM
    I am pretty sure you and I both are going to shell out $600!
    04-14-08 07:47 PM
    Adding a line over the two years will cost you $240 plus the cost of the phone? Thats more than paying retail. I always just sell my previous phone, and end up paying less than a new customer would buying it a retail. EX: Pearl 8130-should sell for around 300. New Curve retail(guessing 475) That's 175 for a new phone. Plus you can send in the rebate! So $125 for a new curve? Sounds alot better than the 2yr contract price!
    04-14-08 08:15 PM
    It's easy. Find a friend or family member or coworker that has Verizon & is due for an upgrade. Have them get the phone you want for you then just transfer the esn# onto your account. You get to pay the upgrade cost & maybe you can give them your current phone or just buy them lunch. I do it everytime a phone comes out that I want.
    04-14-08 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD