Ok, so I am pretty sure that I am going to buy the Curve on ebay in the next few days. When I get the Curve, what would be the best way to activate it? I would need to cancel my Vcast Vpak service and add the $30 BB plan, so would i be better off activating it over the phone like calling customer service and also telling them that I need to cancel Vcast and add BB plan?
    01-18-09 10:11 AM
    When switching from a regular phone to a BB, I would call cst service for this as features need to checked. Yes you will $30 data plan, unless you are going on a Corp server. Yes to dropping vpak. I hope you checked that you ESN and PIN number is clean.
    01-18-09 10:14 AM
    Ya I agree lastraid. Ask the seller for the esn and pin number. You can check the esn with verizon to make sure its not stolen
    01-18-09 10:16 AM
    Ok, so I am pretty sure that I am going to buy the Curve on ebay in the next few days. When I get the Curve, what would be the best way to activate it? I would need to cancel my Vcast Vpak service and add the $30 BB plan, so would i be better off activating it over the phone like calling customer service and also telling them that I need to cancel Vcast and add BB plan?
    Over the phone activation is cool but when you get the phone have the user delete the pin because Im pretty sure they had email setup. Add your bb plan and you are on your way.
    01-18-09 10:16 AM
    Thanks for all the replies! Ok how would I check the ESN and PIN numbers?
    01-18-09 10:37 AM
    Ask the seller for the ESN number. If he refuses to give it to you cancel the deal. Once you have this, you can call VZW and ask if it is on the lost or stolen list.

As for PIN number, if they had it on a BIS account and changed devices, you are good. If not they need to cancel the BIS account to clear the PIN number
    01-18-09 10:59 AM
    ok I have another question. If the seller has like no feedback like it's his first time selling should i trust him? I mean i asked him for the esn and pin and he happily gave me both. Also how the heck do you get a real support person when you call *611? I have gone through basically every menu and i can never seem to be able to get connected to someone who can verify the esn. So what buttons do I need to push or what different number do i need to call?
    01-18-09 03:43 PM
    He is just a new seller. ALways a greater chance of a bad sale, but not always true. If they gave you both numbers things are most likely okay

When you dial 611 hot #3 for tech, they are the only ones that have access to to the info you are looking for.
    01-18-09 04:18 PM
    Last thing I can suggest that hasn't been suggested is if you had Mobile Email or any other app that sent alerts to your old phone, make sure to cancel the subscriptions AND call CS to have the subscriptions canceled on our end. Otherwise you're going to get a bunch of annoying (and slightly mysterious) BREW messages.
    01-18-09 05:52 PM
    ok guys, i need your opinions on these two sellers if you do not mind putting your 2 cents in.
    This guy provided me with the esn and i called CS and they said it was clean and this phone wasn't on the lost or stolen list.
    [U][B]This one:Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330 - eBay (item 320332754131 end time Jan-22-09 12:56:40 PST)

[B][U]and this one:Brand New, Never Opened Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330!! - eBay (item 130282134519 end time Jan-24-09 18:16:00 PST)
    So what do you guys think? Should i buy from either of them? I am just concerned that one has no feedback and the other has only one. Help please!
    Last edited by dzs2005; 01-18-09 at 07:06 PM.
    01-18-09 07:02 PM
    I would just approach both with caution. Always possible to get a bad deal. Good info from lastraid there too.
    01-18-09 07:14 PM
    You can also activate your preowned Curve on the verizonwireless.com website. Click on the activate my phone link. The primary account holder might need to sign up for a free account to use this feature.

Another benefit of signing up for this free online account is the other members of the share plan can download and use Backup Assistant, and keep an online copy of their contacts. BA is free if an online account is created, so ignore the warning twhen you download BA to y the dumb phones that it will cost you $$$. Note: BA is not available for Blackberrys.
    01-19-09 12:11 AM
    ok should have asked this question earlier but o well. I called CS and the esn was clean and it wasnt on the lost or stolen list. But how do i check to see if the pin number is good? What do I ask the customer rep when i call?
    01-19-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD