I am visiting in las vegas this week and ever since I got here the hour glass keeps flashing on my phone and the battery life has really gone south. I didn't haven't had any problems before I left home in iowa. Any suggestions as to what may be happening? I have done multiple battery pulls and that doesn't fix anything. Help!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 01:22 AM
    Ok, I'm on mobile, so what device do you have, and please go to Options>Status and let me know what your file free memory # in bytes. You should be able to scroll down and copy and paste it in reply post here. Strongly suspect you have a low memory problem.

With battery drainage you may have apps that are running in background, to check hold alt and click escape, how many and what apps are in box?
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-11-09 at 02:01 AM.
    03-11-09 01:58 AM
    Ok, I'm on mobile, so what device do you have, and please go to Options>Status and let me know what your file free memory # in bytes. You should be able to scroll down and copy and paste it in reply post here. Strongly suspect you have a low memory problem.

With battery drainage you may have apps that are running in background, to check hold alt and click escape, how many and what apps are in box?
    I have 8330 and the bytes are 37931836. Is that low? What key is escape so I can see what apps are running? This is a new problem only since I got here.

03-11-09 08:44 AM
    Are you running FaceBook? That could be your culprit!

03-11-09 08:45 AM
    The escape key is the one to the right of the trackball.

03-11-09 08:45 AM
    Ok. I have had facebook app on since I got it and never had a problem. I always close it when I'm done. I just did the alt esc thing and no apps running except the browser I am in right now. This is really getting frustrating. Are the bytes lower than they should be? They are 39254100 Bytes

03-11-09 08:59 AM
    You're fine on memory! Delete FB and see if you still have a problem. Many people have had the same issues your having and it was due to Facebook.

03-11-09 09:05 AM
    That's crazy delete fb and get 42 emails. Haven't seen hourglass yet either. Thans a ton for the help. I really appreciate it!!!

03-11-09 09:15 AM
    You're welcome! There's a new FB app being released that should take care of the battery drainage. Stay on the look out for it. For now, I hope you can live without it, otherwise, its gonna keep happening,

03-11-09 09:19 AM
    The Facebook issue has been intermittent with the current release. It works for awhile! Then drives you nuts. Then it could work again for awhile...

03-11-09 09:42 AM
    Mine has been doing the same thing intermittently starting the first day that I got it 2 weeks ago! I just deleted by Facebook app...hopefully this fixes it
    03-11-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD