Sorry if this has been covered I've done a search and am having trouble finding the exact information I want.

I'm going to switch to verizon in the next couple of months due to getting an AMAZING deal through my work. I've been using android phones for the past several years and enjoy them overall but was thinking of trying something new. Part of the deal is being able to upgrade every 10 months. So I thought I would possibly give the Z10 a shot or maybe the Z30 if its out by then.

With my android I love having the option to root it and use it as a wifi hotspot without having to pay for that particular package. I'm not here to discuss the morals/ethics of that however. I see that the z10 does support the wifi hotspot feature but do you need to pay for that feature? If so thats a deal breaker for me unfortunately I honestly dont use it often but the times I need it I REALLY need it.

Thanks and sorry for the rehash.
    08-14-13 02:30 PM
    No you don't pay a special price to use it... It will only eat your data... but I am assuming you know this! I use my hotspot all the time and it works like a charm... just push the button...

From the Z...
    sarcazmo likes this.
    08-14-13 02:41 PM
    One of the perks of this plan is unlimited data... Talked to several reps and confirmed :-) Thanks!
    08-14-13 02:53 PM
    I have tried to enable my hot spot on my unlimited data plan and it won't allow me to. Any ideas on how to get it enabled without having to pay extra for it

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:14 PM
    Change escreen settings. Search the forums there is long thread about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 11:38 PM
    Change escreen settings. Search the forums there is long thread about it.

Posted via CB10
    So similar to having to root your android phone their is a simple workaround to enable it without incurring the extra charges?
    08-15-13 12:34 AM
    So similar to having to root your android phone their is a simple workaround to enable it without incurring the extra charges?
    It's easier than rooting. Escreen is accessed with just a code you generate.

Personally I pay for the hot spot with Verizon because I'm not short sighted. I'm not going to give them any way to kill my unlimited data plan.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:19 PM