11-22-09 10:35 PM
36 12
tools
    Because the store (and it's management team) is held accountable for the early upgrade even though it was "approved" by Customer Service. Lets say the company tells the store manager that they can do 10 early upgrades a month and anything more than that comes directly out of their pocket (which is basically what happens). If they honor every early upgrade that is "approved" by CS they may not be able to afford to eat that month. And they'll be on a warning and their job is in immediate jeopardy for failure to meet the company standards. They'd rather lose you as a customer so they can get a bigger paycheck and keep their job.

CS is held to many of the same standards.

It sucks but thats how it is.
    This is all true - but the fact it exists & affects customers is another indicator why VZW sucks for CS - no matter what the reps say. They look good compared to Metro PCS or Cricket, but they don't hold a candle to real CS companies.
    11-21-09 11:45 AM
    If this is your only means of communication for your bread and butter, you really should consider having a backup phone. Say even a prepaid plan with 6 months expiry on minutes. Does not make your situation any eaiser I know, but for someone to put their life in 1 device is just asking for issues. The same with people that put their internet needs solely on a wireless card, that is just plain stupid.
    11-21-09 11:46 AM
    I've had no problem in the past 4 years that I've been using my phones for work and personal use. If I purchased a backup that'd be pointless as it would need to be my primary line which I take all my calls on since this phone won't cut it. Why pay for two phones, when one should work? As for a back up, I would have one if my Curve hadn't quit which brings me to the point that when the charging port stopped working last year around this time they let me use an annual upgrade earlier than the date listed due to this problem. I forgot about that until putting some thought into why I don't just use my curve sitting in the desk drawer. Why is it that a hard working, honest guy can't catch a damn break?
    11-21-09 11:49 PM
    This is all true - but the fact it exists & affects customers is another indicator why VZW sucks for CS - no matter what the reps say. They look good compared to Metro PCS or Cricket, but they don't hold a candle to real CS companies.

VZW actually leads the industry in CS... But still has work to do when compared to some other companies in completely different industries, like Southwest Airlines...

As for the missed calls issue... It still sounds like a service issue to me, since its something thas been happening with two different devices. Sure it might be an issue with BlackBerrys radios, but still its not likely to be an issue with back to back devices....

I hope you get this worked out, and would be interested to know what you do to get the issue resolved...
    11-22-09 06:56 AM
    I have to agree that it's a service issue also. I have had my curve since March and everything was fine until recently. I've started missing calls. Sometimes it doesn't tell me I've missed a call. Very important to know when you have a mother who's had several heart attacks and she calls you to call 911. (I know, I've told her a hundred times, just call 911). Anyway, about a year ago I had a dumb phone and had the same problem, that's why I started looking around for another phone and finally decided on my BB. My son also has VZW and lives in the apt. attached to my house and doesn't have this problem at all. We've had people call us over and over he always gets his call and mine is hit and miss. The reason I say it is a network issue is because I had the same troubles a year ago with the dumb phone and now again with my BB. I'm looking into getting another phone but I don't think it will solve the problem. I don't think you getting another will solve yours either but I wish you luck in this situation. I understand the need to have your calls come through. If I were calling you to order my propane I'd be pretty upset if I didn't get a hold of you and I was out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's a tough situation attempting to troubleshoot this issue. When I moved into my new house, I knew it was in a dead zone. Anywhere from 0 to three bars. Samsung, LG, Motorola all the same issue, a vm notification would just appear on the phone no missing call indication. I couldn't wait until the network extender was announced. Bought the thing and viola, no more dropped calls.

I hope the op gets the issue resolved, as I can understand how frustrating it is.
    11-22-09 11:40 AM
    Satellite pagers on Iridium > any other communications backup IMO. If you're in a really mission critical position (like providing ventilator repairs to the ICU unit at a hospital) I would highly recommend it.
    11-22-09 11:48 AM
    I agree with those who say it's a network problem.

Here is a test you can do to see if it is a device or network problem:

Call a number and get on the line with someone. Then have another phone call your cell phone while being on the call. If you get a call waiting beep, then most likely a problem with your phone AGAIN (it's not impossible just highly unlikely).

Just because someone's phone 2 feet away rings and yours won't - doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the network. It could be how calls are being routed specifically to your number.
    11-22-09 01:01 PM
    Sounds not like a service issue - it does sound like a typical BlackBerry radio issue.

BlackBerry radio performance is bottom of the pile & once you get to the bottom of that pile, it is scattered everywhere. Poor performance & a huge variance in out of the box performance. Then the variation gets worse with age.

The things are designed to do exactly what you're experiencing.
    I've seen more problems out of regular dumb phone radios than anything else. Not to mention the issues with the early HTCs.
    11-22-09 01:03 PM
    Well I am in a mission critical position as far as work goes because of the no heat and no hot water calls I get. The issue was most definetly the phone. I went into Verizon because today was originally my upgrade date until a rep told me that it was now December 12th. So I told the issue to the store, they made a call to Verizon, told them my issue again and looked at all the notes on my account and all the trouble I've had. I got on the phone and they offered me a credit to my account and one year pricing on my annual early. I couldn't get the two year pricing because it wasn't within anyone's power to do so. The credit on my account made the difference in price though, so overall it cost me a two year price and I have a tour. I recieved 25 calls today on the phone, not one went straight to voice mail and even a customer that has frequent after hours problems commented on how he didn't have to call multiple times to reach me. I'm now very pleased! I'm going to give it a few days but I'm 99.9% sure the issue is resolved.
    11-22-09 09:35 PM
    Ya know.. I'm willing to bet that the SAME radio in the BB Storm is the same in the Tour..
    11-22-09 09:59 PM
    I agree. I don't doubt it for a minute. The difference I do know for fact, is that the radio in my original storm was a year old, the one in the replacement unit was probably too, and the one in my tour has a day on it. Either way, I have a fully functional phone at the moment and I'm happy.
    11-22-09 10:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD