Hey guys,
    I cracked the screen on my Curve and I don't have insurance

Anyway, I am just going to take my father's old 8830 and activate it. I have all my info stored on my computer but I don't want to go to Verizon to get the phone activated. My question is how do I activate the phone by myself and keep my number and whatnot?

Thanks in advance guys
    03-26-09 08:23 AM
    I believe that you can do it by dialing *228.....
    03-26-09 08:25 AM
    I think you have to go through the Verizon website, log in, click one of the tabs I think it says my info, click my phone on the left hand navigation, then on the right side click activate phone. You have to put in the esn number. Then from the new phone call *228

Or! Call Verizon and they can do it for you lol. You'll still have to call *228 in the end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 08:59 AM
    Yea *228 (option 3), you MAY also need to change the PIN on the BIS site, and you can use DM (Desktop Manager) to transfer your contacts and such from the Curve to the 8830, just use the Device Change Wizard.

Here's the BIS site IF you need.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    03-26-09 09:03 AM
    Then check out this link - they have PARTS!

Cellular Accessories - Mobiado, Tools, Samsung, BlackBerry, Sony, Dopod/O2, Motorola, LG, Panasonic, HT

03-26-09 09:36 AM
    Twins is right. If it is just the outside pastic cover, that is very inexpensive and easy to replace. You can also replace the LCD which is a bit trickier. There are links here to show you how.

03-26-09 02:19 PM
    Yea *228 (option 3), you MAY also need to change the PIN on the BIS site, and you can use DM (Desktop Manager) to transfer your contacts and such from the Curve to the 8830, just use the Device Change Wizard.
    yup pkcable is right you would need to change your pin on the BIS website to re-route your emails to the right phone!
    03-26-09 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD