I am currently a TMO customer and I am looking to make a switch over to Verizon. I have heard through the grape-vine that due to Verizons recent Android kick that the BB support on that network has gone a little lax. I have used TMO BB support team and I think that they do a great job; any time I call with a concern or question they get to the root of the issue quick and address it. This happens to be the opposite from what I've heard from Verizon users. I was looking for current and past users to please give me feedback with your good and bad experiences. I'd really like to have a good idea (if and when I make the switch) what I have in store for me. Thank you so much.
    04-12-11 10:21 PM
    I love Verizon's customer service! They have been beyond helpful every single time I've called them with an issue.

I've noticed that the people on here that complained about Verizon's CS has been with issues that they caused. Where they were at fault for billing or not understanding the policies they agreed to when they signed the contract.

Just a note: be sure to check with Verizon on their discounts through your employer. Depending on where you work, they might be able to give you a nice discount on your bill.
    04-12-11 10:38 PM
    I have never needed to use their bb support team. If I had a question about my bb, I would always look on CB first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-11 10:39 PM
    No problem with Big Red CS.

04-13-11 07:24 AM
    Competent BB support has been increasingly inconsistent. It can take two or or three attempts to get through to a tech that can actually work with you and solve the issue when, in the past, CS seemed more competent and able. This has been my experience so far this year.
    04-13-11 08:11 AM
    I've never had to use VZWs technical support. Their CS for and non-technical issues has always been top notch. As mentioned above, I've always been able to find answers to any technical questions here on CB.
    04-13-11 08:57 AM
    Best bet is to ask here first...won't let ya down....most of the time. Big Red is my last option and I would even go as far as driving back to VZW store to ask face to face. Sometimes you have to give to get know what I mean. Good luck

04-13-11 09:36 AM
    I agree with valorian, before I call VZW tech support, I come on here. I usually can get an answer faster on the forums than I can if I wait on hold for 20-30 minutes while they try to do battery pulls and reload software. When I end up calling, I begin the conversation with, "I have already done several hard resets/battery pulls and I have already reloaded the software."
    04-13-11 10:25 AM
    Most of my calls to tech support or CS have been signal related. While this site can be a good resource for some technical issues, it can't get the tower near your house checked or a better performing PRL pushed to your device. My Bold, which I really like, has more signal issues than my GFs LG Banter...and the LG won't even update anymore as it's an Alltel device.

04-13-11 01:51 PM
    I dunno, my BB has been running great lately and I haven't had any issues minus the whole Bing tragedy, but calling in is useless about that. I get signal literally every square mile I travel (it helps BBs get good reception), and I haven't had any billing or outages that I remember, maybe one potential 3G outage but that's rare. The prices are higher than what I'd like but you get a network you pay for with backup UPSs and diesel generators with hours of fuel at each site.
    04-13-11 02:24 PM
    Best coverage I've seen from any carrier. It really works for me.

I switched from T-Mobile and the difference is night and day on my end.
    04-14-11 05:37 PM
    I am currently a TMO customer and I am looking to make a switch over to Verizon. I have heard through the grape-vine that due to Verizons recent Android kick that the BB support on that network has gone a little lax. I have used TMO BB support team and I think that they do a great job; any time I call with a concern or question they get to the root of the issue quick and address it. This happens to be the opposite from what I've heard from Verizon users. I was looking for current and past users to please give me feedback with your good and bad experiences. I'd really like to have a good idea (if and when I make the switch) what I have in store for me. Thank you so much.
    I have had several BB technicians through VZ contact me and try to help with my pos storm. I could not get ANY support from BB at all. Not through direct phone calls to Canada, emails, anything. VZ at least listened to me and attempted to help.
    VZ is reputable and I am only considering a possible leave to sprint only on the cost of their unlimited plans.

It's all about personal preference. i know many local people with T, they hate it because of many places here without service.
    04-14-11 09:09 PM
    There's this and that I like and don't like about VZW. Amazed by the CS reps though. Speak clear English, friendly, helpful.
    04-14-11 11:23 PM
    My experience with VZW has been good or bad depending on what I've needed from them/called them about.

When regarding signal strength, account questions or anything related to VZW's own product/service, their CS has been consistently excellent.

However, when I had a BB technical question after upgrading to OS6, the experience was totally different and unsatisfying. As others have noted, I first posted my Q here on CB but got no solutions. Then I took my Bold to a VZW store where the in-store folks couldn't figure it out (in fact, in trying to fix the problem they actually made it worse) so they literally called VZW tech support and put me on the phone with them (jeesh, couldn't I have done that from home?). Then the on-phone tech support people were totally unfamiliar with OS6, had zero ideas on what to do about it and simply kept saying "Well, that's a BlackBerry issue so I'd be happy to give you RIM's tech support phone number". I gave up at that point and went back to OS5.

So I have no confidence that if I ever had additional BB-related technical issues that VZW would be able to help me, but I have tons of confidence that the folks on CB will collectively know waaay more about BBs that any VZW support folks would so I'll always plan to post up here with any Qs.

By the way, definitely don't let any of these posts dissuade you from switching to Verizon -- I suspect you'll never regret it.
    04-15-11 12:36 PM
    Thank you peoples, I really can't say "thanks" enough. I shared all this with my wife and based off all the positive feedback I feel safe making the switch. The BB support still feels a little sketchy, however, with all the Crackberry support I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. You've all been very helpful.
    -Steak
    04-17-11 04:44 PM
    Thank you peoples, I really can't say "thanks" enough. I shared all this with my wife and based off all the positive feedback I feel safe making the switch. The BB support still feels a little sketchy, however, with all the Crackberry support I really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. You've all been very helpful.
    -Steak
    Go for it...I've had my Bold 9650 for 11 days now and wish I would have got a BB yrs sooner !!!

04-24-11 02:52 PM
    I love Verizon's customer service! They have been beyond helpful every single time I've called them with an issue.

I've noticed that the people on here that complained about Verizon's CS has been with issues that they caused. Where they were at fault for billing or not understanding the policies they agreed to when they signed the contract.

Just a note: be sure to check with Verizon on their discounts through your employer. Depending on where you work, they might be able to give you a nice discount on your bill.
    So a company refusing to refund monies on two accessories that were returned, in like-new condition and in their original boxes, is great customer service? I've spoken with five different reps and received five different answers. VERIZON ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES AND LIARS!!!! I even have a FedEx employee that saw me place all of the items in the box ... and he sealed the shipping container for me. I hate Sprint, but they've never stolen from me. Argh.
    04-24-11 10:44 PM
    verizonwireless.com/discounts

Enter your work email there and see if they offer discounts. I found out I have one. Score.

As with any customer service, you can call with a problem and get no response. Hang up and call back and talk to a different person and you'll get the red carpet treatment. I've only had to call Verizon twice since I signed up in Feburary of this year and both of my times have been pleasant. If you can't get anywhere with whoever it is you're speaking to, either say thank you and hang up and then call back, or ask to be transferred to a manager.

You're going to have people who both hate and love Verizon. I had Sprint before Verizon and AT&T before Sprint. AT&T blows. I was on the phone with them for over two hours while they consulted with everyone to tell me something I already knew - that their signal sucked at my house. Sprint was okay until my Curve kept breaking every month and they'd send me a refurb rather than send me a Bold. Switched to Verizon and have had nothing but pleasant things to say about them. Their signal rocks too.
    04-25-11 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD