As it being July 4th, independence day, today, is it considered holiday minutes?
    07-04-08 10:59 AM
    If memory serves me right, No. Verizon did so in the past, but I think they no longer give Holiday minutes. Call *611 and it will let you know if today's usage is free.
    PS.... I'm on the unlimited plan.
    07-04-08 11:13 AM
    If memory serves me right, No. Verizon did so in the past, but I think they no longer give Holiday minutes. Call *611 and it will let you know if today's usage is free.
    PS.... I'm on the unlimited plan.
    That answered my question. Thats kinda bs if you ask me. All calls are billed based on calling plans
    07-04-08 11:15 AM
    There's no holiday minutes.

C

VZW employee
    07-04-08 11:23 AM
    When I first signed up with Verizon all the major holidays were free. But soon after they changed the policy and no more free holidays. I never said anything to my wife about it and she still thought holidays were free up until last Memorial Day. She was making alot of calls thinking they were free, until I asked her why she was on the phone so much. Of course it was my fault lol.
    07-04-08 11:41 AM
    This changed in September of 2005 so you might want to pay closer attention to your service
    07-04-08 02:02 PM
    This changed in September of 2005 so you might want to pay closer attention to your service
    Yeah that sounds about right. I was aware of it I just didnt pass along the info.
    07-04-08 03:46 PM
    thats a thing of the past
    07-04-08 04:00 PM
    Back in the good old days....yeah its kinda sucks to tell customers vz doesn't offer it anymore. It was like something that in their eyes made vz less evil or something. and now that hope is gone....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 07:04 PM
    vzw relized that their usage spiked on holidays, and they were giving it away for free
    07-28-08 06:49 PM
    vzw relized that their usage spiked on holidays, and they were giving it away for free
    This was taken from another forum:

madden_01
    CrackBerry Newbie
    Device Model: 8130 (Pearl)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Jul 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was accurate up to 2003 when I left vzw as a sales rep there

You say you were rep there and come back in here and raz on VZW. Could it be that you are not there for a reason?
    07-28-08 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD