I just added a new line to my VZW account and I bought the BB storm 2 also I've been using this phone just for 18 days but I want to keep it, the matter is that I want to cancel so if I do that Do I have to return the device? 'Cause I don't want to. Any advice please?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 11:53 PM
    You can cancel and pay the ETF. Phones all yours.

12-04-09 12:46 AM
    OoOoh! I didn't know that! But thanks anyway I just love the phone I will think abt it's kinda expensive

12-04-09 01:02 AM
    You can cancel and pay the ETF. Phones all yours.

I don't understand why do I have to pay the ETF if I'd only running 18 days? It's supposed to be after a month with the device,right?

12-04-09 03:07 AM
    Yes...

Verizon is going to let you sign a contract, give you the Storm2 for $300 less than the retail price, but if you feel like breaking that contract, not only do they let you do so within 30 days without having to pay the $30 ETF, but they will let you keep the phone...

Incredible.

I can't believe no one has discovered this loop hole in the system...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-04-09 at 09:00 AM.
    12-04-09 05:48 AM
    If you cancel, you can avoid the etf by returning the phone.

12-04-09 08:08 AM
    The OP wants to cancel and keep the phone... And will have to pay the ETF if he/she does so...
    12-04-09 08:30 AM
    Honestly I'm glad the ETF went up. Don't sign a contract if you can't commit?
    12-04-09 08:41 AM
    Well... It doesn't make too much sense to keep the phone if you're going to disconnect your service... Even if you really like the phone, its not very usefull without service...
    12-04-09 09:02 AM
    Oh yeah I agree in this circumstance, return the phone.
    12-04-09 09:09 AM
    $350 for the EFT...you should of just out right bought the phone.
    12-04-09 09:12 AM
    If you're not happy with the service, cancel, return the device and you're home free. If you're not happy with the device, exchange it.

If you want to keep the device, like it has been stated, pay your ETF (but you can only do this after 30 days).
    12-04-09 09:21 AM
    If you cancel the line within the 30 days and do not return the equipment your account will be charged for the difference in the price you paid in store, to the retail price of the phone.
    12-04-09 09:36 AM
    If you cancel the line within the 30 days and do not return the equipment your account will be charged for the difference in the price you paid in store, to the retail price of the phone.
    Or the ETF, which ever one is correct....
    12-04-09 09:42 AM
    Apparently no one can read. He said he added a line (to get the S2 at a discount because im assuming he wasnt eligible to upgrade.) He wants to now cancel the line he added and keep the S2 on his line.

You can cancel and pay the 350 ETF and keep the phone. Or return the phone and avoid the ETF.
    12-06-09 11:21 AM
    Apparently no one can read. He said he added a line (to get the S2 at a discount because im assuming he wasnt eligible to upgrade.) He wants to now cancel the line he added and keep the S2 on his line.

You can cancel and pay the 350 ETF and keep the phone. Or return the phone and avoid the ETF.
    Within the WFG you don't have an ETF, you can't get out of the agreement because you aren't legally bound at that time. So if he disconnects then he won't be charged on ETF, he will be billed for the equipment.

I can read, very well actually, thanks for noticing.
    12-06-09 01:26 PM
    Within the WFG you don't have an ETF, you can't get out of the agreement because you aren't legally bound at that time. So if he disconnects then he won't be charged on ETF, he will be billed for the equipment.

I can read, very well actually, thanks for noticing.
    No you are wrong, i too am a corporate rep. They get charged the ETF if the equipment is not returned within the 30 day WFG.
    12-06-09 03:08 PM
    No you are wrong, i too am a corporate rep. They get charged the ETF if the equipment is not returned within the 30 day WFG.
    This is definitely correct - one of the stipulations for the WFG is to RETURN the EQUIPMENT completely IN GOOD CONDITION.

If you do not return the equipment, you are not eligible for the WFG. Period. End of story.
    12-06-09 03:20 PM
    If he keeps the S2 does the ESN get blocked until the ETF is paid?

12-06-09 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD