I upgraded on Nov 9th to the Storm 1 from my Alltel device.

I liked the storm from what I had seen.

However, my particular handset has had a huge issue with dropping to zero bars when it shouldn't (gets 4 the rest of the time)...even when I'm right next to a tower out in the open. The data also stops working all the time and requires a reset. Couple this with the fact it reboots several times a day on its own and I'm having to return it.

I've had some other issues that is making sure I'm not getting a replacement Storm 1.

I'm really digging the Droid (and I also like the TP2)...Verizon's waiving my restocking fee since my device is having issues and I need to return it anyways.

Question is...should I hold out a little while longer to see if there are any Black Friday specials? Do Verizon stores usually HAVE Black Friday specials?

Is there anything new coming out between now and Dec 9th??
    11-19-09 11:46 AM
    I upgraded on Nov 9th to the Storm 1 from my Alltel device.

I liked the storm from what I had seen.

However, my particular handset has had a huge issue with dropping to zero bars when it shouldn't (gets 4 the rest of the time)...even when I'm right next to a tower out in the open. The data also stops working all the time and requires a reset. Couple this with the fact it reboots several times a day on its own and I'm having to return it.

I've had some other issues that is making sure I'm not getting a replacement Storm 1.

I'm really digging the Droid (and I also like the TP2)...Verizon's waiving my restocking fee since my device is having issues and I need to return it anyways.

Question is...should I hold out a little while longer to see if there are any Black Friday specials? Do Verizon stores usually HAVE Black Friday specials?

Is there anything new coming out between now and Dec 9th??
    I would hold out unless you are desperate for a phone. Thats what I'm doing after the playin with the S2 and Drizoid just hold out for something that you Have to have.
    11-19-09 11:50 AM
    I would hold out unless you are desperate for a phone. Thats what I'm doing after the playin with the S2 and Drizoid just hold out for something that you Have to have.
    yeah, but I can only hold out until the 9th.

After that date, I can only exchange for another Storm 1 (and a refurb at that)
    11-19-09 11:55 AM
    Yeah but if you return the storm 1 what phone will you use instead?
    11-19-09 12:31 PM
    Yeah but if you return the storm 1 what phone will you use instead?
    I'm going to return it and change to a different model

but I'm asking if perhaps I shouldn't wait a few to get a better deal
    11-19-09 05:30 PM
    I'm going to return it and change to a different model

but I'm asking if perhaps I shouldn't wait a few to get a better deal
    unless you have a time machine, you can't wait long enough to hold out for a device that they do not already have or one that will be dropping tomorrow... as i understand it, the Tour2 or Tour 2 wtfe will not be hitting the stores and airwaves til Q1 2010 and that's a little after dec 9... the 8530 drops tomorrow, wifi, OS 5.0, trackpad same mem and processor specs as the tour and storm 3 ermm, i mean 2... other than that, you know what they have unless vzw has a big fat x-mas SURPRISE waiting for us BUT i doubt that
    11-19-09 06:27 PM
    unless you have a time machine, you can't wait long enough to hold out for a device that they do not already have or one that will be dropping tomorrow... as i understand it, the Tour2 or Tour 2 wtfe will not be hitting the stores and airwaves til Q1 2010 and that's a little after dec 9... the 8530 drops tomorrow, wifi, OS 5.0, trackpad same mem and processor specs as the tour and storm 3 ermm, i mean 2... other than that, you know what they have unless vzw has a big fat x-mas SURPRISE waiting for us BUT i doubt that
    well, I guess my question is, does VZW usually discount phones a little for black Thursday?
    11-19-09 06:29 PM
    Why wait, there will always be an overhyped phone on the horizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 06:31 PM
    Search,,blackfriday.com
    11-20-09 08:23 AM
    Wait return the S1 wait
    11-20-09 10:35 AM
    Why wait, there will always be an overhyped phone on the horizon.

Exactly. There's always gonna be a hot new phone that everyones is crazy about.

Just get something and be happy with it

11-20-09 12:17 PM
    I'm completely screwed I guess.

I went to return it to the store today....and they don't consider the "difference" between the droid and the storm ...they go by what you paid.

Since I bought it online, to get the droid I would have to pay

300 for droid (since they do the MIR crap)
    - 50 (price I paid for storm online)
    +35 (restocking fee)

= 285 dollars for a droid

Some worry free guarantee there, I'm taking it in the tailpipe on that, and the lady in store said I wouldn't get the MIR?

I can do it through mail, but that requires me so send the phone in, wait for them to confirm, order the droid, then wait for it to be shipped.

With it being over Thanksgiving, that would mean I'd be 2 weeks without a phone...which I can't do.

sigh
    11-20-09 12:24 PM
    nvm, guess I am still able to get the MIR...grr, gonna have to wait then
    11-20-09 12:42 PM
    I can do it through mail, but that requires me so send the phone in, wait for them to confirm, order the droid, then wait for it to be shipped.

With it being over Thanksgiving, that would mean I'd be 2 weeks without a phone...which I can't do.

sigh
    Wouldn't they send it to you before the send back, and either refund the charge once the other phone is returned, or charge you if the phone isn't returned? That's the experience I've had.
    11-20-09 01:08 PM
    Wouldn't they send it to you before the send back, and either refund the charge once the other phone is returned, or charge you if the phone isn't returned? That's the experience I've had.
    Not when returning for a 30 day "worry free guarantee".

Guess worry free doesn't really mean hassle free.

Honestly....I'm just considering quitting the smartphone stuff.

I just get nickle and dimed to death for everything, just grab an unlocked GSM phone on craigslist and get unlimited talk from t-mobile for 50 bucks and save myself about 80 bucks a month.

I can always sell the storm on craigslist for at least the amount of my ETF, 175 dollars
    11-20-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD