Hold times are high today to get into a verizon rep.
    There are some centers closed due to weather on the east coast.
    Please be patient.

This would be a good time to learn how to use google search and the forums no?
    01-30-10 01:35 PM
    I am so glad I do not take calls...
    01-30-10 01:42 PM
    pfffft!
    u stink!

can I go home now?
    01-30-10 01:50 PM
    I called today to ask a few questions, and it was the first time ever that the automated voice said, "hold time is approximately 6 minutes." It's always been a rep will be with you shortly.

I hung up, it wasn't that important.
    01-30-10 02:28 PM
    what kind of questions did you have?
    Hold times are so high for other departments; we have time on our hands sometimes.
    01-30-10 02:47 PM
    Oh nothing too big that can't wait. Just an issue with my Auto Bill Pay not working, so I want to get a refund on my $5 late fee.

But, I wanted to see about getting a Network Extender. My brother, who is on my account, but doesn't live with me, has crappy reception at his place, he lives kind of in a hole. There isn't any network that will work well where he lives. I would like to get one for him, but for the smallest price possible. I would rather not pay $250 for something just to make calls. I don't like it that it won't do data, but that's another issue.

He lives with his girlfriend who is on Verizon too, but not the same account. So they both will get use out of it. Is there any way I can get a discount on it, or maybe even for free? What if I change the billing address to his place for sometime just to get it then switch back? Will that help at all?

I will be getting it no matter what, but am just looking for the best deal, you know? So any insight you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, is there any news on if this extender will ever be able to have data?
    01-30-10 03:07 PM
    Oh nothing too big that can't wait. Just an issue with my Auto Bill Pay not working, so I want to get a refund on my $5 late fee.

But, I wanted to see about getting a Network Extender. My brother, who is on my account, but doesn't live with me, has crappy reception at his place, he lives kind of in a hole. There isn't any network that will work well where he lives. I would like to get one for him, but for the smallest price possible. I would rather not pay $250 for something just to make calls. I don't like it that it won't do data, but that's another issue.

He lives with his girlfriend who is on Verizon too, but not the same account. So they both will get use out of it. Is there any way I can get a discount on it, or maybe even for free? What if I change the billing address to his place for sometime just to get it then switch back? Will that help at all?

I will be getting it no matter what, but am just looking for the best deal, you know? So any insight you guys can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, is there any news on if this extender will ever be able to have data?
    Rarely if at all will you get a discount for the net ext. It will handle 1X data -means you can email, browse, etc just not as fast.

for all the info about net ext you can check out www.vzw.com/networkextender
    01-30-10 03:10 PM
    I am so glad I do not take calls...
    Working weekends is so 2007.... lol
    I don't miss taking calls either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 03:38 PM
    Rarely if at all will you get a discount for the net ext. It will handle 1X data -means you can email, browse, etc just not as fast.

for all the info about net ext you can check out www.vzw.com/networkextender
    Hey thanks, I was not aware that you can get 1X from the extender. In the specifications it shows 1x. It was only when I read the faq's CAREFULLY that I seen that NationalAccess coverage is possible.

I figured that a discount wouldn't be possible, but I had to try, and I still will. I feel a lot better though paying for it now that I know data is possible. He gets 1X at his place now, but it's inconsistent and unreliable. So the extender would be great then.

Once again, Thank You!
    01-30-10 04:01 PM
    Yay for inclement weather haha
    01-30-10 04:10 PM
    The only way you'd get a discount is if you're a VIP because it's considered an accessory.

What do you mean your auto pay didn't work? Was it your fault or our fault? Did you card get declined, or did it not even try?
    01-30-10 05:24 PM
    The only way you'd get a discount is if you're a VIP because it's considered an accessory.

What do you mean your auto pay didn't work? Was it your fault or our fault? Did you card get declined, or did it not even try?
    Verizon's fault, Set it up a few months ago, the first time they said I had to make sure it went through (don't know why, I guess the first month doesn't work). Last month it worked perfect, then today I get a text saying that my balance is 400 and something. I go on the website, and the payment that should of went to Verizon on the 20th of this month didn't (that's when it's set to go through). There was more than enough money in the account, so I have no idea why it didn't. I know that $5 out of a $210 monthly bill isn't much, but it's still 5 bucks (that's a Big Mac meal). So I just want my 5 bucks back, no problem.

So the network extender is considered an accessory? So the discount I get through my employer (25% on accessories) will work for that?
    01-30-10 05:59 PM
    Verizon's fault, Set it up a few months ago, the first time they said I had to make sure it went through (don't know why, I guess the first month doesn't work). Last month it worked perfect, then today I get a text saying that my balance is 400 and something. I go on the website, and the payment that should of went to Verizon on the 20th of this month didn't (that's when it's set to go through). There was more than enough money in the account, so I have no idea why it didn't. I know that $5 out of a $210 monthly bill isn't much, but it's still 5 bucks (that's a Big Mac meal). So I just want my 5 bucks back, no problem.

So the network extender is considered an accessory? So the discount I get through my employer (25% on accessories) will work for that?
    I guess it would yeah. Generally we only give VIP discounts on it.
    01-30-10 06:13 PM
    Actually, while the NE is an accessory, employer discounts do not apply to the item. Has not since day one. One test for this though is to try and place the order online and see if it applies your company discount. If it does great, if not that is the reason why. Just do not place the order unless you are ready to buy
    01-30-10 07:19 PM
    I'd have to check OS. I just know we had to manually apply the VIP discount to NE.

Lastraid would know though .
    01-30-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD