I've got an LG VX8300....very un-BB!
    I'm trying to decide if I should look into the Venus or of course a BB....the Pearl or Curve.

Does anyone have VZ Navigator on both or either? Is it worth it? Any feedback would be great for Miss Indecisive. (sp?)
    05-19-08 11:13 PM
    Are you wanting a BB just because it's cool, or because you have an actual need for a smartphone? If you want to just be cool and want something closer to a regular phone, maybe the Pearl is your BB of choice.
    05-19-08 11:32 PM
    The pearl has a lot more to offer than just "Looking cool and fitting in"......

There are LOADS of things you can do with your pearl or curve...
    I think you should just research both and decide from there, they are both GREAT devices..I had a pearl for a year and am getting a Curve in a few days. If you decide to get any type of BB you won't regret it!
    05-20-08 12:00 AM
    I've got an LG VX8300....very un-BB!
    I'm trying to decide if I should look into the Venus or of course a BB....the Pearl or Curve.

Does anyone have VZ Navigator on both or either? Is it worth it? Any feedback would be great for Miss Indecisive. (sp?)
    My wife had the Venus for almost a month. She hated it. The touch screen wasn't very responsive and the battery stunk. I'd definitely go with the BB if you will use the utility that it offers. Again, if you're just using a phone for texting and talking, a regular phone will be cheaper.
    05-20-08 09:35 AM
    There is only one smartphone of course.........
    05-20-08 09:39 AM
    I'm definately a social user...

I had the EnV, the Alias (which are "texting cellphones"), and i enjoy my Pearl much more. You don't need to be a business consumer to enjoy a BB. I like the fact that may email comes to me, but it's not essential. What is essential is my ability to text and Chat LOL. I can go on MySpace mobile and check my sox stats...and also being a girl my pearl is pink - which i like.

I know someone who has the venus that doesn't really like it at all. But irregardless, decide if the cost is worth the features you are going to use and go from there. And you have 30 days to change your mind if you absolutely hate your choice.

EDIT:: Just saw a commercial on a new phone at VZW. It's called the Samsung Glyde. Glyde by Samsung It's 199.99 with a new contract. Full touch screen and full HTML browser not the crap browser that comes with BB...LOL. Might be something you are interested in. I'm thinking of switching myself to it after i test it in store
    Last edited by ShortStop51001; 05-20-08 at 10:56 AM.
    05-20-08 10:44 AM
    Stacee I remember replying to a similar thread of yours just yesterday. Again, when you come to this forum curve owners are going to support curves and pearl owners will support pearls. Someone in yesterday's thread highlighted the differences perfectly and being a pearl user for a while now, I can tell you that it is just as good with the BB functions as the curve. I use a Garmin GPS which I love so I dont care about the curve GPS. SureType is also pretty easy to catch on...I got it down in less than a week. Moreover the new pearls (with OS 4.3) can accomodate upto 8GB mem cards. So if you want a small, compact phone with all functions go for the pearl. If you need the full keyboard, a larger screen and GPS then go for the curve. Its all really about personal requirements in regards to dimensions coz both of them are pretty much the same function wise.
    05-20-08 11:09 AM
    Pearl 8130 nice BB.
    05-20-08 11:32 AM
    The Venus SUCKS! I bought it for my wife and after 3 days...back to the store it went. I recommend just going all the way and getting the Curve. Youll love everything about it.
    05-20-08 11:36 AM
    Thanks for all of the responses, I appreciate it! I think I'm heading toward a BB. I love the idea of not having to carry a planner with me all the time.
    05-20-08 07:22 PM
    I am also a social user, but I won't go back to a regular cell after using a BB for the past 6 mos, I love the pearl!!!
    05-20-08 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD