So my new 2 week old Tour has trackball/ripples/battery door issues. I can live with everything but the trackball.

Since I bought my Tour @ My Verizon and got it sent to me. Does this mean that I can walk into the VZW store and have it replaced as DOA? Will they need to call employee accounts and get everything verified or what? I REALLY hate dealing with employee accounts!! And don't want to wait for them to send me a fru/clnr.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:41 AM
    Sigh.. You might have to call Employee Accounts..

I've had to deal with them anytime there's been an issue. I've only been to a store a couple of times to actually "buy" anything, and they looked scared to death when I told them I was an employee.
    08-09-09 01:11 AM
    check the procedure for your area... they differ by NE, MW, SOUTH, etc... I just read over them recently and you may be able to go into a store to do the exchange
    08-09-09 03:05 AM
    You will have to get a doa through epp.

08-09-09 03:59 AM
    But why through EPP when I bought it at full retail? Understand my account can't be pulled up, but jeeez.. I really hope I can do all this in the store... I will def let you guys know what happens - thanks for the input!

08-09-09 09:57 AM
    They won't let you, but you can try .
    08-09-09 05:24 PM
    Update: just spoke to the local store and they will do the doa in the store. They just have to call employee accounts to have it verified. The guy mentioned that the tour trackball takes some getting use to.. Haha yeah a trackball is a simple feature.. Shouldn't take a skill to move it to the right.

08-09-09 05:38 PM
    Its at the discretion of the local store management. I was in the same situation, I told them I was going on vacation for the next 2 weeks and needed my phone and they did the swap instore for me. Just make sure you visit during EPP hours because they still have to call to verify the account and change the ESN... I even had Employee Accounts tell me to visit the store first because of the timeframe with me going on vacation.
    08-10-09 02:31 PM
    Congrats.. my store won't even sell me accessories with my discount unless I fight. Then I have to print out the One Source topic and bring it in and say that I'm allowed to do it.
    08-10-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD