1. mostsayclaire's Avatar
    This is going to be a question geared more towards a VZW rep, so hopefully there is one reading this.

    I started a contract with VZW for internet service about a year ago, while I had my cell phone service with T-Mobile (had to have a Sidekick...) SInce then I've gotten rid of the SIdekick and upgraded to my curve 8900 which I am in love with. But I have also come to realize that VZW service really can't be beat.


    I really want to cancel my VZW contract with internet but then I had this really good idea...Can my internet account (which is with Verizon Wireless anyway) be switched to a different plan supporting minutes and what not on a Blackberry and then like extend my contrac or whatever, I don't really care. THat way I would only have to pull out of my T-Mobile contract, instead of having to cancel both my VZW and T-Mobile and then try and open a new VZW account.

    Does this make sense? If yes, can this be done????
    09-13-09 07:44 PM
  2. barbwyr's Avatar
    If you have a wireless account with VZW as in a wireless aircard, you should be able to just add a phone plan too it. It's the same as adding a new line to the account.
    09-13-09 07:57 PM
  3. mostsayclaire's Avatar
    But I want to cancel the internet phone number totally. I dont want to continue paying for an internet account that I do not use, I want to switch it to a real phone.
    09-13-09 08:23 PM
  4. Afangrywarrior's Avatar
    Yes, I did that with my aircard. I had no use for it but my sister in law wanted to be on my family share so we just used the aircard upgrade to get her a blackberry and changed the priceplan it was very easy to accomplish. They would just rather not see you go.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 08:39 PM
  5. crackalackberry's Avatar
    yeah, if your aircard is eligible for an upgrade you can upgrade to a phone and change the plan to a voice plan, no biggie
    09-13-09 08:43 PM
  6. barbwyr's Avatar
    But I want to cancel the internet phone number totally. I dont want to continue paying for an internet account that I do not use, I want to switch it to a real phone.
    Are you on a contract with the aircard that has not expired?? If so, then you will have to pay an ETF unless they let you upgrade early on the aircard to a phone. You can always add the phone plan then when your aircard contract expires cancel it.
    09-13-09 08:44 PM
  7. LawP's Avatar
    I'm sure they will work with you, it would make sense to keep you as a customer and its not like you are looking for a free anything, you are looking to spend more money with vzw.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 08:50 PM
  8. waferlawrence's Avatar
    You can.

    You can switch the plan on the data card line to a voice plan, with minutes etc. This is a simple line change and won't extend your contract. You'll need to provide a phone unless your eligible for an upgrade, you can use it on a phone even though it was earned on a data card.

    Then port the number from Tmo. Easy Peesy
    09-14-09 11:43 AM
  9. IDsweetcheeks's Avatar
    Agreed; check your upgrade eligiblity and see if you are good for an upgrade.
    You can change your plan to a voice plan; port your Tmo number to change it and get a BB Tour/Storm/Curve/Pearl 2/whatever OR wait for Storm2...(no launch date set in stone)
    Giggity you're good to go!
    09-14-09 12:06 PM
  10. mostsayclaire's Avatar
    Yay! Talked to Verizon, they said it wouldn't be a problem! Only thing that BLOWS is I signed my contract with T-Mobile when it was still a set $200 for ETF, they changed it to be prorated like literally a month after I signed. SO what he told me to do is fill out a voter registration card with my new address on it and then bring it to T-Mobile and they will let me out of my contract.

    I want to keep the T-Mobile # I have now to avoid having to change it, so how would I do that? What would the steps be? Cancel T-Mobile and then real quick go to Verizon? HAHA. I'm clueless.
    09-14-09 03:13 PM
  11. blue_and_bold's Avatar
    I think you have to get it ported prior to cancelling the line.
    09-14-09 03:17 PM
  12. IDsweetcheeks's Avatar
    you port it out with verizon... once the port is complete your tmo acct will be canceled automatically.
    09-14-09 03:23 PM
  13. saichick04's Avatar
    I would say port your number to Verizon if you like.the service and your new bb. Just cancel with tmpnile and sell your 8900. I've heard nothing but good things about the 8900 so if its in good shape I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the T-Mobile ETF for it.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 03:25 PM
  14. Darthkuriboh's Avatar
    Here's a ridiculous answer:42

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 03:32 PM
  15. amojeba's Avatar
    Do NOT cancel your tmobile account....
    First port your number over to Verizon. Otherwise you will lose your Tmobile # forever.
    Once VZW ports it, your TMO will be automatically cancelled.

    As far as the ETF pro-rate thing goes, it might vary from state to state, but I'm pretty sure that's a law of some sort. So you might wanna check into that.
    09-14-09 03:42 PM