01-05-10 01:22 PM
41 12
tools
    I cant disagree CS HAS gone out the door......Im still not sold that VZW service is more reliable....I still think the whole ATT NY/SF thing is a vocal minority....
    Well, I don't know about a minority. I have to believe that NYC is everyone's largest market. I know Hampton Roads is definitely a busier area in Virginia, but still no where near the pressure that NYC's network experiences.

any ideas on how to fix the CS thing....besides fixing rude customers that want everything yesterday and for free?
    I really don't know. You go home some days feeling like no matter what you do, you can't win.

My general rule is, I'll do anything for anyone who is civil and polite.
    01-04-10 01:23 PM
    Ive always .....ALWAYS been strongly AGAINST treating ANY REP rudely.....so just to clear that up......if you really cant get anywhere and HONESTLY think you have a REAL issue....then escalate it....but being rude is useless and counter productive
    01-04-10 01:32 PM
    Well, I don't know about a minority. I have to believe that NYC is everyone's largest market. I know Hampton Roads is definitely a busier area in Virginia, but still no where near the pressure that NYC's network experiences.

ATT is gonna have to step up there......this is where unfortunately (FOR ME) CDMA has the advantage....it can handle the higher capacity....I still like the flexibility GSM offers me in swapping devices.....I dont like that i COULD accidently buy a blacklisted phone...with GSM I know (pretty much) what im getting

I really don't know. You go home some days feeling like no matter what you do, you can't win.

My general rule is, I'll do anything for anyone who is civil and polite.
    see and that burns me too.....theres no reason if YOURE TRYING to help....why people should leave you feeling like that....totally unacceptable.....I have respect for you having to deal with that many arses .....even though you work for the enemy....

and Im sympathetic.....but why cant people just discuss concerns in here without getting hammered?.......like I said ill admit....TMO- indoor signal sucks......ATT- Dropped Calls......Sprint-Well I dunno.....gotta have issues too
    Last edited by larrygump; 01-04-10 at 01:39 PM.
    01-04-10 01:37 PM
    Ive always .....ALWAYS been strongly AGAINST treating ANY REP rudely.....so just to clear that up......if you really cant get anywhere and HONESTLY think you have a REAL issue....then escalate it....but being rude is useless and counter productive
    I've been in one form of retail or another for a good part of 19 years now. In that time, the absolute worst situations I've encountered with customers has been in the wireless industry.

I made a statement in another post recently, and I said that most of the animosity lies around the world building their lives around an imperfect technology. People act as though the world is ending if there is an interruption in any kind of wireless service. A good example is the last two Blackberry outages. Another hot point is people rely so much on their phones, but fail to take good, simple care of their device. And of course when the phone has been mistreated or abused, and it's not working, it's carriers fault or responsibility to replace immediately.
    01-04-10 01:40 PM
    I've been in one form of retail or another for a good part of 19 years now. In that time, the absolute worst situations I've encountered with customers has been in the wireless industry.

I made a statement in another post recently, and I said that most of the animosity lies around the world building their lives around an imperfect technology. People act as though the world is ending if there is an interruption in any kind of wireless service. A good example is the last two Blackberry outages. Another hot point is people rely so much on their phones, but fail to take good, simple care of their device. And of course when the phone has been mistreated or abused, and it's not working, it's carriers fault or responsibility to replace immediately.
    ya but wouldnt getting rid of contracts and cutting subsidies fix that?
    I dont call NBC/WAVY10 when my TV breaks ....or Cox (GAGZ) when my laptop dies

as far as taking care I agree.....when i got the iPhone I immediatly otterboxed it/apple care......plus I think if we stopped subsidizing wede demand a better product.....when you get the subsidy you kinds feel like your getting something for free and dont really wanna be too picky....its like mind games....

(edited - pk)
    Im a firefighter dude.....1 on 2 off..... im sitting here enjoying my day off
    Last edited by larrygump; 01-04-10 at 02:14 PM.
    01-04-10 01:59 PM
    So crackberry is your life then?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 02:05 PM
    Come on guys! Play nice!

01-04-10 02:10 PM
    So crackberry is your life then?

nah.....internet and tech is though...pretty much an unnatural obsession.....OCD hobby...whatever you wanna call it....plus I love to debate so im online 24/7.......unless im with the wife/kids.....

ussually find me:

CB/CNET/CNN Tech/iLounge/Iphone Freakz/lifehacker/MacRumors/TUAW/techmeme/BGR/ENGADGET/HoFo/mobile-files.com/4 chan/google tech/geek/gizmodo/TiPB/consumerist.com/planet feedback/Dev Team Blog/modmy-i/iclarified
    01-04-10 02:11 PM
    Come on guys! Play nice!

me?......I thought I was? sorry rich
    01-04-10 02:12 PM
    Larry - +1 you rock.

01-04-10 06:18 PM
    Back to the OP-why would a disagreement between vzw and fcc have anything to do with all us agencies switching carriers and dumping vzw? Is there a single company the US gov does business with that it HASN'T had a disagreement with?

01-04-10 06:49 PM
    I defend Verizon to the T you do get what you paid for and they are the best
    I was with them when they were known as AirTouch so here I am aging myself.
    I don't care, they are the best and even though I don't sell it anymore, I still think they are the best. Like I have said before, those I know who have the iphone hate their service but stay because they are hooked on that darn iphone.
    So they have horrible service and a phone they love. For me, it has to be great service and a great device. So I have the BB and have the best service as well
    01-04-10 07:25 PM
    Vet:

you would......you dont bother to see that 95% of our posts were trying to help folks.....then we run into you SHILLS......and we cant resist a good fight

but ponder this.....and mods should to.....theres a palpable change in the forums....and if people just think these forums are gonna be only advertisements.....or are gonna BAN anyone that disagree's ....well .....youll see these forums get even less usefull.....VZW forums have been GUTTED by the so called "mod's"......and they allow VZW shills to pound on the OP's and those who offer an opposing opinion.....for what?......

sad....even in the last 60 days these forums have changed for the worse...
    I left this post as well as most of the actual debate, BUT I did delete the attacking posts, and that includes those from verizon reps. I'd like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to my moderating, and I totally disagree with you here Larry. I have ALWAYS said debate the phones, or the carriers, BUT lay off of each other! Is that too much to ask for?

Do I really need to post the rules again? SHESH! Just be cool people. It's OK to disagree, but please do so with some class, and do NOT attack each other!

OK I am gonna TRY reopening the thread.
    01-04-10 09:03 PM
    Just ban him and be done with it... every post I see of him is either false information or him attacking others... he does no good in here
    01-05-10 07:59 AM
    Your absolutly right.....but if no one tries then no one else will.....its gotta start somewhere......and VZW does watch this forum....trust me....
    So what if they do? They have millions of customer and they are not a stupid corporation. Does one think the 10 people who post negative things about Verizon Wireless will change the corporation?

I for one am very satisified with their service, customer support and coverage. I love the fact I can travel in a car across the interstate for four hours and not lose a signal once. Or take a commuter train into a major metropolitan area and stream music and not lose a signal once.

One of the news channels did a price breakdown of the iphone and a blackberry for one year. They cost per year for both carriers were within pennies of one another. There is a reason Sprint and TMO charge less than Verizon and ATT. And let's talk about the recent Consumer Reports review of wireless carriers.
    01-05-10 09:19 AM
    I left this post as well as most of the actual debate, BUT I did delete the attacking posts, and that includes those from verizon reps. I'd like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to my moderating, and I totally disagree with you here Larry. I have ALWAYS said debate the phones, or the carriers, BUT lay off of each other! Is that too much to ask for?

Do I really need to post the rules again? SHESH! Just be cool people. It's OK to disagree, but please do so with some class, and do NOT attack each other!

OK I am gonna TRY reopening the thread.
    roger that
    01-05-10 01:22 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD