07-30-09 11:29 AM
45 12
tools
    On the subject of the phone being subsidized when you sign a contract, I've had a nagging question about that. The logic if I understand it correctly is, you get the subsidized price on the phone, because they make the money back over the length of the contract, correct? Therefore, if you were to pay full retail, or bring your own phone that you purchased elsewhere, shouldn't you pay less monthly for the service, since they aren't subsidizing you?

Not complaining, just curious.
    No because you're not financing the phone. We're giving you the money off in exchange for a contract.
    07-26-09 12:44 PM
    Think of it this way. You see an ad for a magazine subscription that says they will senf you a free Buyer's Guide with a two year subscription. That book is sold on its own for $9.95 and the subscription is $29.95 for a year. You can't call them and ask them charge you $20 for the sub and to not send you the book.

Another scenario. Store has a buy one, get one free promo going on. You can't expect them to give you one at half-price, because you only need one.

Not taking the promo does not entitle you to a discount in other ways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 01:50 PM
    Why didn't you check with VZW about whether or not you could move the prepaid phone to a contract line before you bought it? Just a thought.
    07-26-09 01:58 PM
    ok what kind of phones and family share plan do you have now? When is your new every 2 date for each line? Oh and as far as kids having bb or iphones or other smartphones, MY step-son has a bb storm. He is 14 and guess what he can do more things with that than I can with my storm. He can make games, apps, themes, etc so I believe it should be dependant on the person using the phone and what they are capable of learning and using their phone.
    07-26-09 02:11 PM
    Oh and as far as kids having bb or iphones or other smartphones, MY step-son has a bb storm. He is 14 and guess what he can do more things with that than I can with my storm. He can make games, apps, themes, etc so I believe it should be dependant on the person using the phone and what they are capable of learning and using their phone.
    It has nothing to do with WHAT they can do. It has to do with smartphones being a luxury and kids today being spoiled little snots growing up with a gross sense of entitlement and stupid parents who rationalize why they give their kids cellphones, much less smartphones or Blackberry devices.

07-26-09 02:47 PM
    On the subject of the phone being subsidized when you sign a contract, I've had a nagging question about that. The logic if I understand it correctly is, you get the subsidized price on the phone, because they make the money back over the length of the contract, correct? Therefore, if you were to pay full retail, or bring your own phone that you purchased elsewhere, shouldn't you pay less monthly for the service, since they aren't subsidizing you?

The benefit of you activating with your own equipment is you can activate with no contract so you can cancel at any time. If you pay the 1yr price, you get a 1yr contract so you can cancel after a year. So, if you cancel after a year, you DO end up paying less. A whole year less.
    07-26-09 03:29 PM

No, if you pay full retail or provide your own equipment, then you don't have a contract which means you can cancel the service at anytime without the ETF.
    07-27-09 08:56 AM
    my reply to you is not whine about a prepaid phone when you had two other blackberrys and new about the data plan you should not have bought your neice who obviously doesn't need a phone a blackberry you could have gotten several different phones that do not require a data plan and then you wuold not have gotten yourself into this situation verizon didn't make that decision for you. and now your crying because your not getting ehat you want a typical moron!!
    07-29-09 01:59 PM
    It has nothing to do with WHAT they can do. It has to do with smartphones being a luxury and kids today being spoiled little snots growing up with a gross sense of entitlement and stupid parents who rationalize why they give their kids cellphones, much less smartphones or Blackberry devices.
    Tell us how you really feel...
    07-29-09 02:23 PM
    I'm still trying to figure this out. U don't want to pay 10 bucks a month for another line because she already has one and it isn't the phone she wants. Or cause u just want a phone that she can just text on and add it as a second phone to the 1 line ur paying for?

07-29-09 03:46 PM
    hey, at least it didn't turn into a political mess!!! lol...you've been given the options available, choose from them...if you're unhappy with the options available, then don't *****, just find someone who will bend over and let you **** them whenever you want!
    07-29-09 07:46 PM
    my reply to you is not whine about a prepaid phone when you had two other blackberrys and new about the data plan you should not have bought your neice who obviously doesn't need a phone a blackberry you could have gotten several different phones that do not require a data plan and then you wuold not have gotten yourself into this situation verizon didn't make that decision for you. and now your crying because your not getting ehat you want a typical moron!!
    typical moron? Wow thanks. I see by your lack of posts that you are new to the crackberry forum and this is to get someones thoughts, opinions, rants, raves and typical objections. This is not a place to call someone morons or the such.

And I got what I wanted today. Verizon sent me through Executive Relations a phone for my niece its called the Env3 for 50 bucks, so this moron won, and tommorrow, I get my new Storm.

Thanks for your two pennies but next time do the world a favor and throw them in a wishing well for charity.
    07-29-09 07:56 PM
    typical moron? Wow thanks. I see by your lack of posts that you are new to the crackberry forum and this is to get someones thoughts, opinions, rants, raves and typical objections. This is not a place to call someone morons or the such.

And I got what I wanted today. Verizon sent me through Executive Relations a phone for my niece its called the Env3 for 50 bucks, so this moron won, and tommorrow, I get my new Storm.

Thanks for your two pennies but next time do the world a favor and throw them in a wishing well for charity.
    And let us know when you're given Storm #14.
    07-29-09 10:09 PM
    I don't get it...untill I got to college I had a regular flip phone and used the 1-9 layout. Are kids so lazy they need a "texting phone"? This is the one thing that makes me rage about kids today. You don't need a ******* phone for texting. Honestly if you are paying, the kid needs to shut the **** up and take what you give them. If they want something they can get a job and get it.

This is why children today are bastards. They all think they can get what they want if they whine...
    Don't you wish we can still beat the lil bastards like when we got beat when we were kids?
    07-29-09 10:28 PM
    To the OP...I'm sorry but I have to sum up every subsequent post with this picture. It's not an attack but seriously man...yeah every post since including subsidized phone prices, contract dates, data packages you get:

07-29-09 10:48 PM
    Don't you wish we can still beat the lil bastards like when we got beat when we were kids?
    God yes. I remember when kids knew when to shut the **** up.
    07-30-09 01:51 AM
    To the OP...I'm sorry but I have to sum up every subsequent post with this picture. It's not an attack but seriously man...yeah every post since including subsidized phone prices, contract dates, data packages you get:

Thanks man! I needed that!!
    07-30-09 05:40 AM
    God yes. I remember when kids knew when to shut the **** up.
    I miss them beatins.
    07-30-09 08:01 AM
    uhhhh, giggity?
    07-30-09 10:26 AM
    Actually I read every post in this thread and it did start to turn ugly but them swung back to the comical side in a way ,when I was geting on the last page I almost forgot the OP's question
    07-30-09 11:29 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD