07-30-09 12:29 PM
45 12
tools
    So I posted a previous thread that I had received a Verizon pearl for my neice but they would not activate it on my account without having the data package. I just want a text messaging phone for my neice. So I did not go that route. I almost went nuts on Verizon for not allowing me to do this because I already have two Blackberrys with data on my account.

So I came up with a solution that I thought was great. A full keyboard phone for my neice is at Walmart, its called Verizon UT8010, the same thing as a Samsung Blitz.

I called Verizon before I purchased the phone to see if I could switch the phone over from an inpulse phone to her line and her number. Guess what the answer was? NO. The impulse phone would have to be on a prepaid account for 6 months before I can just add it on!

I mean this is a perfect solution other than craigslist and hope that I get a good working phone.

There is no reason for this VERIZON. You know when I broke my ATT razr I just bought a prepaid phone and put my sim in it, and it worked fine!

I really do not know how much a company can **** one person off, but I will tell you that with me and Verizon they have met their limit with me!

And to add to the story....they said that phone the UT8010 was on the impulse plan and does not use the same network as I did, totally different system. I asked politely then why do you have that commercial with the guy with commitment issues and his Verizon prepaid phone and the network behind him? Thats not a true statement in your advertising? She said it was true that the network was behind the prepaid phone. Ok so why in the **** can I not just buy the phone and put it on my account?

So I know I will get all of the respondents on here to say that they are making up their money for the phone for 100.00 by selling prepaid service with it, so what I say to that is, I can buy the phone and use it once and throw it away! So they take that gamble on prepaid service, or they could just let the consumer buy it that has a contract and know that they are going to get paid for the service because he does have a contract!

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!

I welcome any feedback. I welcome any Verizon employee to read this and respond.

And Steve in technical support.......You asked for my phone number 4 times! Guess what, if you cant get my phone number on the third try, you don't deserve to be in technical support! In fact I do not think you need to answer a phone for any reason.
    07-25-09 09:59 PM
    You act like Verizon has discretion on whether to add data on a pearl and just because you have two BB's doesn't mean you can get one without data.

I'm not sure what you're mad about .. a pre-paid phone is just that.. pre-paid. It's for prepaid service. Did you think Verizon hasn't had lots of other customers try the same thing you did?

You can get a full QWERTY texting device for cheap w/ a contract. Just add a line and get an env3 or something..
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 07-25-09 at 10:25 PM.
    07-25-09 10:15 PM
    So your suggestion sir, would be to add another 10 dollars plus taxes on my account...well if we do simple math, the full keyboard phone at the wally world is 98.86. So I sign a two year contract for the extra 10 dollars a month, thats 240.00 over two years or 120.00 over 1 year, and she already has a line? Do I let her have two phones? And would like to add one more thing about her present phone......its a samsung 430! AND guess what! The samsung 430 is also a prepaid phone! I know this because after Verizon sent me a battery for 35.00 I went and bought one of these prepaid phones for 30.00 and sent Verizon back their battery!

I am mad because I should be able to get the UT8010 and put it on my account!
    07-25-09 10:28 PM
    You seem to have more problems w/ Verizon than good experiences after I've looked at your previous posts. I'm not really sure of the situation, I thought you were getting a line for your daughter. I did not know she already had a line.

Why are you trying to replace her phone? Is it broken? Do you have insurance, are you eligible for upgrades on any of your lines, are you within 60 days?

If you want to get a cheap phone you could probably find one on craiglist or ebay -- but make sure you check the ESN because I don't want you to make a thread about how Verizon screwed you by not letting you activate a lost/stolen/fraud disco phone.
    07-25-09 10:40 PM
    you might want to try this. Buy the prepaid phone, then on her account online go in and switch phones. It will ask for the hex code. I think it will work as long as vzw is as stupid as you say they are
    07-25-09 10:42 PM
    Can you get her a Verizon phone off Ebay and add it to your account?
    07-25-09 10:43 PM
    you might want to try this. Buy the prepaid phone, then on her account online go in and switch phones. It will ask for the hex code. I think it will work as long as vzw is as stupid as you say they are
    Um, no it will not.
    07-25-09 10:43 PM
    So I posted a previous thread that I had received a Verizon pearl for my neice but they would not activate it on my account without having the data package. I just want a text messaging phone for my neice. So I did not go that route. I almost went nuts on Verizon for not allowing me to do this because I already have two Blackberrys with data on my account.
    You've been a member of Crackberry since Nov 2008 and have over 100 posts. I assume that you would have come across at least one of the numerous threads that have discussed the fact that BB plans are required for BB phones activated on VZW. The requirement is hard coded into the billing system and reps or even supervisors can't override that requirement.

However, I agree with you about the prepaid phone situation. But at the same time I understand why VZW has the 6 month requirement. If I were a rep/sup and had the ability to override the 6 month requirement I'd probably go ahead and do it for you. Good luck.
    07-25-09 10:48 PM
    i second gvillager
    07-25-09 10:55 PM
    Thanks gvillager, I have someone to agree with me on the prepaid thing! And no I dont have any lines to upgrade! Just not willing to add a line for a texting phone. I did not want to go to craigslist, but I am going to have to! And yes, I do not trust Ebay. Keep the responses coming! I am looking forward to hearing from a Verizon rep!

BTW: I did go to planet feedback and post the exact same thread as a letter to Verizon.
    07-25-09 10:58 PM
    It is Verizon Wireless, not Burger King.

Never once have I seen "Have it your way" on any of their ads.

Then again, as I think about it, you cannot get a Big Mac, order your meat rare, have a beer, or get Extra Crispy Chicken at Burger King.

Nor will they sell you toothpaste.

So even when invited to "Have it your way," there are still limits, restrictions and exclusions. You should have figured this out long ago, instead of throwing temper tantrums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-09 10:59 PM
    desertdogs this is a rant and to get suggestions or solutions. and thanks i have not heard the phrase "temper tantrums" since i was ten.

So Verizon.....I am at home throwing a temper tantrum because it does not make sense to me!
    07-25-09 11:03 PM
    And to add to the response from desertdog. "Were not satisfied until your satisfied" or something like that. And now I have to go and get a whopper with onion rings. Thanks...J/k

I appreciate your responses and keep them coming please.

Still at home throwing temper tantrum. Banging hands on the floor and telling my wife, no, I will not go to the corner and I hate her and Verizon.
    07-25-09 11:15 PM
    Still at home throwing temper tantrum. Banging hands on the floor and telling my wife, no, I will not go to the corner and I hate her and Verizon.
    Did she spank you yet?
    07-25-09 11:19 PM
    desertdogs this is a rant and to get suggestions or solutions. and thanks i have not heard the phrase "temper tantrums" since i was ten.

So Verizon.....I am at home throwing a temper tantrum because it does not make sense to me!
    I cosign that you should know better than to try a BB with no plan on VZW.

As for as the phone goes...

*insert old man rant about kids and needing "texting phones"*
    07-25-09 11:28 PM
    So your suggestion sir, would be to add another 10 dollars plus taxes on my account...well if we do simple math, the full keyboard phone at the wally world is 98.86. So I sign a two year contract for the extra 10 dollars a month, thats 240.00 over two years or 120.00 over 1 year, and she already has a line? Do I let her have two phones? And would like to add one more thing about her present phone......its a samsung 430! AND guess what! The samsung 430 is also a prepaid phone! I know this because after Verizon sent me a battery for 35.00 I went and bought one of these prepaid phones for 30.00 and sent Verizon back their battery!

I am mad because I should be able to get the UT8010 and put it on my account!
    I'm sorry you don't understand the math that goes on here.

The Blitz/8010 retails for $239.99 but you want to only pay 98.86. Why should you get a $141.13 discount? Try that on some other retailer, "yeah, I want 58% off because that's how much I think I should have to pay."

Prepaid phones are sold at less than retail cost with the requirement to be used on prepay for 6 months to make up that 58% discount. If you really want a phone for cheap for texting, get her a pre-owned Moto Q9m for $149.99 direct from Verizon.

The Blitz is available direct from Verizon for $240 or you can even get the Moto Rival for $219.99.

You have plenty of options available to resolve your issue but complaining on the internet isn't going to get anything done.
    07-25-09 11:37 PM
    actually there is a section for rants and raves, and this is not it.
    As for a solution, if you in fact choose CL or EBay, I highly recommend the above post about verifying the ESN.
    I haven't seen you call and talk to CSR about an early upgrade or even any of your dates.
    Either way, BB require data plans period. Prepaid phones are just that.
    Have you considered going to your local VZW and finding out how much an LG EnV2 would be?
    07-25-09 11:45 PM
    My whole point is this: we've seen your posts and your threads here. Almost all of them have been negative, combative and mostly unreasonable.

Verizon won't bow down and kiss your tail and you get upset and get in here demanding we fix it. It ain't happenin' Jack.

I look at it this way. If you were a Sprint customer, you'd be on the Sprint forum with the same rant, with Sprint inserted where you have Verizon. Or an att customer with their name and in their forum. Ot tmobile. The list is as long as there are carriers. With that in mind, maybe it's time to realize maybe you're the problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 12:44 AM

I welcome any feedback.
    Here's your feedback.......Blackberry's won't activate without a data package, period. There's no making an exception just for you.

Just like phones offered on a two year contract are offered at a set two year agreement price to subsidize the cost of the phone, a short six month limit is set for the Inpulse plan.

If you want to fight with Verizon, pick a topic worth fighting over, and then come cry to us.

And by the way, Samsung doesn't make the Blitz......
    Last edited by Wireless Vet; 07-26-09 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Correcting Mr Know it all
    07-26-09 07:18 AM
    Well now..
    Just to validate... not to completely restate because I am in a way...
    My fellow crackberries and VZW collegues are right...
    First thing...
    You mentioned early on that you put your sim into a prepaid AT&T phone.
    AT&T and Verizon are completely different networks which makes it easier for people to be fraudulant on AT&T. I cant count how many times I've had people call in because they realized that their SIM had been stolen and not their phone; or visa versa. There's no "lost/stolen" list, which is genius. Besides; AT&T now has a way to track what phone the sim is in and I've seen it happen; they suspend the line and blow the sim. You have to get a new one and cannot put it in the prepaid phone.

Second.. There is NO reason for anyone under the age of 18 who cant buy the phone for themselves to have a Blackberry PERIOD. Any parent who does it is irresponsible and shouldnt be complaining about the price of phones. Blackberries are not toys they are tools. (sorta) When I see some 14yr old with a Storm or god forbid an iPhone I just want to...*ARG*
    It comes with a data plan period. Any PDA added to the lineup on verizon after 11/15/08 requires a data plan! SHEESH!

3rd thing... yes.. prepaid IS a different TYPE of Verizon network. The network is STILL behind you... but it uses a completely different billing system and configuration. We arent going to say that just to say no... Thats why Berries dont work on prepay.
    and I think there's only CERTAIN postpaid phones that will convert to prepaid; but its a headache to do it.

Best phone for texting out there? Env2 or Env3.
    hands down. My whole family loves em. I got one for each my mom and dad when they came to verizon. My mom LOVES it... my dad still **** dials. My partner loves his. On his second one, but that was abuse on his part due to his job.
    I'm an employee of verizon, a customer of verizon, and I've been in the cell phone CSR world for 4yrs. I didnt go in to a store bragging that I work for Verizon I deserve a Tour... I checked my dates and am patiently waiting. Being nasty and mean and bullheaded with a CSR is just going to get you the same attitude back.

Okay, I be done...
    Oh, and dont say to a CSR or Tech "You people..."
    We pretty much dont care about what you say after that its still "NO"
    Last edited by heather.law; 07-26-09 at 08:36 AM. Reason: forgot something
    07-26-09 08:32 AM
    Well now..
    Just to validate... not to completely restate because I am in a way...
    My fellow crackberries and VZW collegues are right...
    First thing...
    You mentioned early on that you put your sim into a prepaid AT&T phone.
    AT&T and Verizon are completely different networks which makes it easier for people to be fraudulant on AT&T. I cant count how many times I've had people call in because they realized that their SIM had been stolen and not their phone; or visa versa. There's no "lost/stolen" list, which is genius. Besides; AT&T now has a way to track what phone the sim is in and I've seen it happen; they suspend the line and blow the sim. You have to get a new one and cannot put it in the prepaid phone.

Second.. There is NO reason for anyone under the age of 18 who cant buy the phone for themselves to have a Blackberry PERIOD. Any parent who does it is irresponsible and shouldnt be complaining about the price of phones. Blackberries are not toys they are tools. (sorta) When I see some 14yr old with a Storm or god forbid an iPhone I just want to...*ARG*
    It comes with a data plan period. Any PDA added to the lineup on verizon after 11/15/08 requires a data plan! SHEESH!

3rd thing... yes.. prepaid IS a different TYPE of Verizon network. The network is STILL behind you... but it uses a completely different billing system and configuration. We arent going to say that just to say no... Thats why Berries dont work on prepay.
    and I think there's only CERTAIN postpaid phones that will convert to prepaid; but its a headache to do it.

Best phone for texting out there? Env2 or Env3.
    hands down. My whole family loves em. I got one for each my mom and dad when they came to verizon. My mom LOVES it... my dad still **** dials. My partner loves his. On his second one, but that was abuse on his part due to his job.
    I'm an employee of verizon, a customer of verizon, and I've been in the cell phone CSR world for 4yrs. I didnt go in to a store bragging that I work for Verizon I deserve a Tour... I checked my dates and am patiently waiting. Being nasty and mean and bullheaded with a CSR is just going to get you the same attitude back.

Okay, I be done...
    Oh, and dont say to a CSR or Tech "You people..."
    We pretty much dont care about what you say after that its still "NO"
    Yea I agree, kids should not have Blackberries or any other type of smartphone. Get them an env 2 or 3 and let them text to their hearts desire. Also Verizon use to let you buy a prepaid phone and add it to your account. They stopped that maybe over a year ago. Cause I use to sell a lotta VZW prepaid phones. Then one day a customer came back and said that VZW wouldn't activate it. I thought they did something wrong, so I called. The CSR said yea we don't activate prepaid phones on post paid accounts anymore. I was like wow. But you have to think. This is business. AT&T, and T-Mobile allows you to do that. But look how much money they are losing by doin that. Now at&t is begining to stop all that. Just like on those two carriers you don't have to get data packages when activating a BB. But my thing is why get a BB with no data?????????? Doesn't make any sense.
    07-26-09 09:56 AM
    I don't get it...untill I got to college I had a regular flip phone and used the 1-9 layout. Are kids so lazy they need a "texting phone"? This is the one thing that makes me rage about kids today. You don't need a ******* phone for texting. Honestly if you are paying, the kid needs to shut the **** up and take what you give them. If they want something they can get a job and get it.

This is why children today are bastards. They all think they can get what they want if they whine...
    07-26-09 11:02 AM
    On the subject of the phone being subsidized when you sign a contract, I've had a nagging question about that. The logic if I understand it correctly is, you get the subsidized price on the phone, because they make the money back over the length of the contract, correct? Therefore, if you were to pay full retail, or bring your own phone that you purchased elsewhere, shouldn't you pay less monthly for the service, since they aren't subsidizing you?

Not complaining, just curious.
    07-26-09 11:29 AM
    Well, the prepaid phone lines are controlled by a subsidiary company, ie I went to the AllTel store when my lil prepaid one was having some issue, she said that AllTel does own it but they are their own company and I'd have to call that *360 or something, I don't remember now, then she took it upon herself to tell me how to dial said # as if I had just thawed from a big chunk of ice I had spent the last 2000 years in, its how they get their kicks. In order to buy these Pearls from AllTel I had to get their data plan. How else will they get anyone to buy the unlimited plan (pretty much necessary for a BlackBerry) when they know how much they kick buns. You see, you are not the only person in the world and they will not be courteous if you are irate before you even enter the store..... This for nice people who feel bombarded by pushy salespeople who won't seem to budge: say "well let me call around, maybe AT&T will be able to work with me!" I tell ya that ALWAYS lights a fire under em! XD
    07-26-09 11:39 AM
    My mom LOVES it... my dad still **** dials.
    Since whent is B-U-T-T a swear word??????
    07-26-09 11:55 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD