Question for you all..

Back in August of 2007, my and my wife, right after our wedding and honeymoon, went down the Verizon store, she was due for an upgrade NE2. and we were going to go on a joint account.family share plan. Back in the day before I got my black berry, which was full retail price. I got a Chocolate same as hers but I didnt upgrade she did, I paid full retail price for mine, kept the same number, just added her number on my account.

Well now I just looked and my NE2 meter says 8/13/09. Now I could understand that it would apply to her being that she just upgrade her device, but why is it showing under my account under my number.. Shouldnt mine be 9/22/08 which is what it was before?

Under her number under the account it says 8/13/09 same as mine, which I would say is correct, but WTF????

Did I miss something here?

Any help or info before I call them..
    01-18-08 01:59 PM
    I thought NE2 is "per account", not per number on the account. Doesn't matter how many people or phones are on an account, you can only discount once, not for everyone. This is what I was told by a VZW store rep.
    01-18-08 07:16 PM
    That happened to me before. When I changed my plan by adding another line my NE2 date was pushed back.
    01-18-08 11:01 PM
    I thought NE2 is "per account", not per number on the account. Doesn't matter how many people or phones are on an account, you can only discount once, not for everyone. This is what I was told by a VZW store rep.
    This is also what I have been told (on more than one occasion).
    01-18-08 11:11 PM
    Okay so being confused about this all day, I called them got allot of hmm and huh's but they are stumped. they said even though my wife upgraded her phone and move on to my account, it should not have reset my counter for upgrade....... The looked back when everything was first done back in September until now and it's all right but not sure why it got changed. Also another weird things is we are off the family share plan, I have one account and she has her's but when she logs in to her account it doesn't give her access, which shows or seems she is still under the family share plan.... but who's They have a follow up ticket in place for the upgrade counter to be reset back to the date it should be, but will have to call them about the my account and plan changes, since they said that we should be good and on two separate accounts, but tonight it looks like I am on one, but she is who knows where.... Keep you posted.
    01-18-08 11:27 PM
    According to VZWs NE2 FAQs, everytime you change to a new device (regardless if you got a discount, bought used or paid full retail) your NE2 meter gets reset IIRC.

1. What is New Every Two?
    Get a new wireless phone every two years!

With our New Every Two program, you can keep up with the latest in wireless services because your wireless phone can be updated to a newer model every two years. No matter what the future advancements might be, you'll always have the option to enjoy the latest features available.

Sign up for and maintain two years of service on a digital plan of $34.99 or higher to qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan, or receive a credit of the same amount toward the purchase of a more expensive phone, with a two-year renewal.

If you are not currently in the program, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.

Sign up today with our New Every Two program and you'll always be ready for tomorrow.
    2. How do I sign up for New Every Two?

You are automatically enrolled in our New Every Two program when you sign up for a two-year agreement on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. If you maintain service on a calling plan of $34.99 or higher and fulfill your two-year term, you will qualify for a free phone. If your calling plan monthly access is $79.99 or higher for the entire three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $100.00 toward the purchase of that phone. If your calling plan monthly access was between $34.99 and $79.98 at any time during the three months prior to completing your New Every Two phone upgrade, you will get up to $50.00 toward the purchase of that phone. When completing your New Every Two upgrade, you will need to renew your agreement for another two years on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher.

You must retain the same wireless handset for 24 months in order to receive the full advantages of this program. If you choose to replace your handset at a discounted price, you will forfeit your benefits and be automatically reenrolled if you meet the requirements of the program.

If you are not currently in the program, you can enroll by agreeing to a new two-year term on a calling plan with a monthly access of $34.99 or higher. You will be eligible to take advantage of the phone offer at the end of the two-year term.
    3. I think I'm already enrolled in your New Every Two program. How do I know what my discount will be if I want to upgrade my phone?

Our New Every Two program is available to you by maintaining a 2-year contract. If you would like to sign up for a 2-year contract today, your phone will be less expensive and you will remain enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you upgrade your phone without a 2-year contract, you will lose the future benefit and will automatically be de-enrolled.

If you enrolled in the program on or after 11/25/02, you must take advantage of the New Every Two offer within six months of becoming eligible; otherwise you may be charged full retail price to upgrade your current handset. The discount amount will be applied toward the 2-year Customer Agreement retail price. Secondary Family SharePlan lines are not eligible to participate in the program. The New Every Two discount cannot exceed the price of the phone after mail-in rebates.

If your 2-year Customer Agreement with a digital calling plan of $34.99 or higher began on or after 6/02/03, you were automatically enrolled in the program. Customers who began their 2-year agreements on or after 4/01/00 on a digital calling plan of $35.00 or higher were also automatically enrolled in the program.

If you enrolled in the program prior to 2/5/06 and continued to meet the requirements of the program, you will be eligible for a free phone up to $100.00, or a credit of up to $100.00 toward a more expensive phone, when you become eligible for your next New Every Two upgrade (after which time you will be enrolled in the $50/$100 New Every Two program described above). New Every Two discount amounts and calling plan tiers subject to change at Verizon Wireless' sole discretion.
    4. Can I apply my New Every Two discount to a Palm Treo, BlackBerry, or Aircard?
    Yes, New Every Two discounts can be applied toward any phone or enhanced device. New Every Two credits cannot be applied toward accessories.
    5. What will phones look like in 2 years? How do I know what kind of phone I'll be able to get with my New Every Two discount?

It's hard to predict the future, but the prices of cellular handsets have trended down during the past ten years despite advances in technology. We believe that the New Every Two discount will have as much value in the future as it does today.
    6. What happens when I transfer the phone to a new billing party?
    The person who is taking over the account will need to meet the program requirements (price plan $34.99 or higher). The person on the new account will be allowed to keep the same New Every Two Redemption Date as the customer on the original account had, as long as they have not purchased a new phone at a discounted rate. The customer on the new account will be required to sign a new 2-year contract on a calling plan $34.99 or higher at the time of completing their New Every Two Redemption.
    7. I have an account that has a number of lines under your Family Share plan. Am I eligible for New Every Two?
    The primary line is eligible to participate in New Every Two. Secondary lines are not eligible for the program.
    Last edited by Lot; 01-19-08 at 05:47 PM.
    01-19-08 05:44 PM
    Lot I beg to differ, I just got off the phone again, to get mine and my wifes my accounts setup from going from family share plan to single accounts.....

I asked if there was any progress on the follow up I was expecting on Monday to reset my NE2. She said after she reviewed my account info and said there should not have been a reset on my account, if I paid full retail I does not reset my account. The NE2 meter is only for your contract date which since the contract was not renewed, they said it shouldn't have gotten changed.

So all in all they suspect it got reset because my wife upgraded her phone and jumped on to my account.

Confirmed from them is - contract and NE2 are only files under each number, not plan changes or device changes.

Full retail does not change your upgrade status since you are still under contract.
    01-19-08 05:53 PM
    As of today verizon has corrected my NE2 and got our plans all sorted out.
    01-21-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD