Hello, I was hoping that someone with experience with the modified global data plans could help me. I just tried calling customer service a couple of times, but no one I spoke to seemed to be too experienced and didn't sound familiar with global data plans.

I used the old unlimited global data plans frequently in the past, so I have a basic understanding of how is works. But, my question is if I sign up for the $30 / 25 mb plan and activate it the day I am leaving for Europe does my data usage in the US before my flight count against the 25 mb or is that just roaming usage? Same question when I get back, would I be stuck with the 25 mb plan for a day until my unlimited data plan gets deactivated?

I figured I wouldn't use the Internet while traveling and reserve email for emergencies which is why 25 mb could be fine. However, if I'm sitting in the airport and listening to music or surfing the web while I kill time before my flight I could blow through the 25 mb and even start incurring additional per mb charges.

I would appreciate insights from people experienced with the new global data plans. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 01:34 PM
    The $30 for roaming is just for that...roaming...using it domestically shouldn't take away from your quota....as for using it in the airport..see if they have Wi-Fi available so you won't even have to touch cellular data
    02-21-11 02:08 PM
    You would still have unlimited data here in the US. If you are not keeping the data plan for the full month you will not have access to the full allowance. For example, if you are out of the country for 2 weeks, you will pay $15 for the prorated data and only have 12.5 MB's of usage available.
    02-21-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD