I just got my first blackberry yesterday and was wondering if this $30 a month plan that I had to get from Verizon for internet and email include data usage? I want to get the iheartradio app for my phone but it says data charges will apply if I dont have the plan. So will the $30 dollar plan cover that or not?
    03-26-09 11:43 AM
    The $29.99 data plan covers your email, internet and data usage. This is in addition to your monthly minutes plan. And the data usage is unlimited. Welcome to CB!
    03-26-09 11:46 AM
    I just got my first blackberry yesterday and was wondering if this $30 a month plan that I had to get from Verizon for internet and email include data usage? I want to get the iheartradio app for my phone but it says data charges will apply if I dont have the plan. So will the $30 dollar plan cover that or not?
    Welcome to the crackberry forums! From my knowledge yes verizon's data plan does include data usage so for all free apps/themes/etc you won't be charged but if you buy any of those things I believe you do get charged on your bill
    What 30 dollar plan are you talking about?

Enter your location

these are the plans i see on the VZW site.

edit*
    i see these other helpful people have it under control.
    The $29.99 data plan covers your email, internet and data usage. This is in addition to your monthly minutes plan. And the data usage is unlimited.
    This summed it up lol
    Thanks everyone for the quick response and the welcome! Now I just have to get a memory card so I have enough room on my blackberry...
    03-26-09 11:51 AM
    Welcome to the bronx... I mean Crackberry
    03-26-09 12:15 PM
    The $29.99 BB data plan does not include text (SMS), pics (MMS), and Flix (MMS video) messages though. You have to pay extra for a messaging plan, or pay for each incoming and outgoing message.
    03-26-09 03:12 PM
    and to add to what X said,

make sure that you have the UNLIMITED BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN and not just the regular Verizon data plan. i know a few t-mo'ers who have gotten caught on that.

i personally have the 450 m/m with unlimited txt for 49.99(i thinks that the price ) and the 30 unlimited data plan for myself.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 03-26-09 at 04:08 PM.
    03-26-09 04:05 PM
    just got my first blackberry yesterday and was wondering if this $30 a month plan that I had to get from Verizon for internet and email include data usage? I want to get the iheartradio app for my phone but it says data charges will apply if I dont have the plan. So will the $30 dollar plan cover that or not?

I work for verizon wireless and the 29.99 plan does cover apps. So you can download iheartradio and anything else.
    03-26-09 04:12 PM
    Yea you are covered! They give that warning JUST incase. You should note that VZW does have a soft cap of 5GBs of data per month. What that means is that while they will not charge you for going over, they CAN warn you and close your account IF you do. Trust me though you will never even get close to that. I'm a heavy user and I usually just barely break 1 GB, and often I'm under.
    03-26-09 04:19 PM
    There was also the comment about getting and SD card - that will not increase memory or generally allow APPLICATIONS to run from the cards but it does store music and video and photos.
    03-26-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD