I've been with Verizon Wireless and am not due for an upgrade until February. I want to switch from my current Razr to a Curve, but do not want to have to pay hundreds of dollars.

I called customer service and said I was going to switch to AT&T since their Curve is only $99. In order to have me stay, they offered me the Curve for $229 ($289 - $70 mail-in rebate).

Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can get it for cheaper (preferably without having to sign up for an additional 2 more years)? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks in advance.
    06-24-08 01:25 PM
    Look for an unlocked Verizon 8330 on Ebay.
    06-24-08 01:31 PM
    Ebay totally. That's how the whole world has to do it.
    1. Pay retail (insane)
    2. Buy on eBay
    3. Wait it out like most people
    06-24-08 01:32 PM
    Please do not cross post. It's confusing when you have two threads with the same question and you are replying to the thread.
    06-24-08 01:38 PM
    I got my Curve almost a month ago for free by upgrading from my Razr. There was a promo going on where you could use your new every 2 early specifically to get a BlackBerry or other smartphone.
    I am not sure if this promo is still going on but it would be worth a shot to ask.
    06-24-08 01:41 PM
    $289 before rebate isn't so bad. But yes, it does extend your contract. If you've been with Verizon for such a long time? What's the huge deal about staying with them. You must have been happy with VZW if you've stayed so long?

I've never understood leaving a carrier for a certain phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 01:42 PM
    I just put my big boy pants on and payed retail. But, I had money just sitting there and went for it. Glad I did now.
    06-24-08 01:42 PM
    I got my Curve almost a month ago for free by upgrading from my Razr. There was a promo going on where you could use your new every 2 early specifically to get a BlackBerry or other smartphone.
    I am not sure if this promo is still going on but it would be worth a shot to ask.
    That's interesting....I also got my Curve by upgrading from my Razr and they charged me $50.00...told me it was free, then corrected themselves..................makes ya wonder.
    06-24-08 08:55 PM
    That's interesting....I also got my Curve by upgrading from my Razr and they charged me $50.00...told me it was free, then corrected themselves..................makes ya wonder.
    Mine honestly may have been by error. I had figured it out to be $50 after all the rebates, but he said I could either have another $50 mail in or the accessories kit- car charger, headset, and case. I chose the kit.
    06-24-08 09:30 PM
    Honestly, these phones are amazingly complex little miracles of technology. It costs money to design, produce, and market them. If they are offering any kind of discount over and above their "yearly upgrade" BS I would be happy with that. These phones cost over $400.00 retail. Getting it for under $300 is pretty good.

I would either take their deal or just wait until your NE2 is closer and try to leverage an early upgrade. That is what I did to get my Blackberry at discount. (although I recently bought a Curve off of eBay)

I think everyone loses perspective of what things really cost in this age of subsidized phone purchases.
    06-25-08 08:56 AM
    Yeah, but there is still a point in looking for deals. I completely understand what you mean, but you never know what kind of deals you can get. I wasn't expecting a free Curve so soon after it was released on VZW, but it ended up that way.
    06-25-08 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD