4 months ago me and my wife got 2 bb curves ever since then we have had problems with them we have had them replaced and replaced they say there is not a direct replacement for the curve I got them to give me a diff model device a non bb but it was stolen a few days after I got it I had the bb I had not sent back yet so I am using it because I needed a phone then I don't want the non bb phone back but a good device that works I love the bb and so does my wife just need one that doesn't mess up all the time what can I do mine has been replaced 5 times hers 6 times they could do somthing but they don't we r right before canceling the contract and going to at&t
    07-28-09 09:20 AM
    4 months ago me and my wife got 2 bb curves ever since then we have had problems with them we have had them replaced and replaced they say there is not a direct replacement for the curve I got them to give me a diff model device a non bb but it was stolen a few days after I got it I had the bb I had not sent back yet so I am using it because I needed a phone then I don't want the non bb phone back but a good device that works I love the bb and so does my wife just need one that doesn't mess up all the time what can I do mine has been replaced 5 times hers 6 times they could do somthing but they don't we r right before canceling the contract and going to at&t
    5 curves and 6 curves? Normally the curves are the ones not known for issues. What exactly are you doing on these phones besides email/browsing/pics? What apps do you have? What os are you running? With the amount of replacements you have gone through you may be able to work your way into a tour. If you call in and have in fact had this many replacements they will more than likely work with you to see if they can get you a phone that works. Also let them know that you are thinking about at&t more and more.
    07-28-09 09:25 AM
    Why were the phones replaced? I can't imagine 5 or 6 phones in a row being faulty. Was is service related, as in bad signal or no reception in your area?
    Or are you just clumsy with the phones and caused damage to them in some way (physical or software related)?

Was it only the Blackberry that gave you trouble, or did you have the same issues with the other phone they gave you?

If it's service (bad signal, dropped calls, etc) then you should be able to get a copy of the trouble tickets you have with Verizon as proof of your troubles, then you SHOULD be able to get out of your contract without a fee, due to the issues you have.
    07-28-09 09:26 AM

If I am reading this right you may have some trouble here. I f verizon sent you out another phone as a replacement and they expected you to send your BB back you only have 10 days to do so. I f you don't send it back within the 10 days they charge you the full retail cost on your bill ($409.99 I think). To be quite hoest with you not a lot of people have problems with the Curve it is actually one of most dependable smartphones. What have been the reasons you have had it replaced?
    07-28-09 09:27 AM
    Im calling shenanigans on this until OP gives more details. Extremely hard to believe that 11 Curves were faulty. 83xx Series are tanks and workhorses. I had to reread the OP's post and make sure it said Curve and not Storm.
    07-28-09 09:32 AM
    Wow that many curves thought that was a good solid phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 09:33 AM
    If I am reading this right
    Which is unbelievably hard to do, with one continuous run on sentence
    07-28-09 09:56 AM
    had to reread the OP's post and make sure it said Curve and not Storm.
    I think we all did a double take...
    07-28-09 10:12 AM
    The most obvious sign his Curve is broken: the period button is inoperable.

Based on the claim there's been a total of 11 replacements, I'd suggest there's some user error somewhere. It's unclear exactly what you want from VZW.
    07-28-09 10:15 AM
    I am not even suggesting. I am telling. User error. No boubt adout it

07-28-09 11:41 AM
    I am not sure it is user error. I vote for troll.

07-28-09 11:48 AM
    I am not sure it is user error. I vote for troll.

+1 I agree.
    07-28-09 11:50 AM
    So you are saying you love bb but let them switch you from a bb to a non bb device... that's key point number 1 where I don't believe you. Then you say it was stolen. Next there is 11 swapped Curves on 2 lines which is absolutely ridiculously almost unheard of.

Please come back I would love to know the issues you were having.
    07-28-09 12:52 PM
    Good gosh man, do you not have a period on your keyboard? That is one heckuva long sentence. It is so difficult to read.
    07-28-09 12:57 PM
    These are the stories customer service reps hear everyday.
    07-28-09 01:53 PM
    These are the stories customer service reps hear everyday.
    11 curves between 2 people? Thats gotta be at least close to the record?
    07-28-09 01:55 PM
    It's significant but people who know about the replacement policy abuse it, I can see our warranty program being changed in the future. If there phone restarts one time they get a replacement, then the next one restarts and they get a replacement. Imagine if we did that for computers? It's also the reps fault because some reps do no like confrontation or are too lazy to actually troubleshoot. I tell customers no on warranty replacements all the time. I'm not gonna replace your dare because it automatically restarts once a week. It's part of electronics.

I can see Verizon requiring customers take it into a direct store to verify warranty issue.
    07-28-09 01:58 PM
    I can see Verizon requiring customers take it into a direct store to verify warranty issue.
    Hey week, after reading GUMP and whatever the other guys post that like 14 storms posts. I was thinking the same thing. While it would be burden on stores, at least VZW could get hands and eyes on a problem. Would be better that if Call centers could validate the problem then a store would not be involved. Eample - my device keeps restarting - no eyes VZW cannot verify this, we send a FRU after TS - device shows back at warehouse and the only thing wrong with it is a scratch the customer did not like.

That wont happen............you can wish though
    LG - I have question for you. What do you hope to gain by leaving VZW and then hanging in VZW forums posting a krap you know nothing about? or is it that you think you feel inportant cause Exec relations actually talked to you. You are with TMO now - why not go over there and help user with your carrier?

Trying to boost your post count?

I think you have made your distain with VZW very well noted and you should just move on over to your new home. I am sure the same thing will happen again with TMO once they say no to you once and new customer honeymoon is over.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-31-09 at 09:04 AM.
    07-31-09 08:58 AM
    Warranty replacements used to only be available in stores. I wouldn't mind going back to that

07-31-09 10:22 AM
    Warranty replacements used to only be available in stores. I wouldn't mind going back to that

It should be that way. We can't verify if the phone is having issues at least then someone can get their hands on it.
    07-31-09 10:28 AM
    Stranger things have happened. Like most people say, the curve was renowned for its reliability. Between the two of you, 11 curve replacements? Let us know what exactly happened to each phone? What are these problems? Are they recurring? Is it something new and different each time? What functions were you performing before the device acted up? Good luck.
    07-31-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD