I'm fairly new to this site but I just bought a used 8703e off of ebay and I'm having problems setting up my email because when I go to set it up it says that an account is already set up for that PIN number. Can somebody help me so that I can set up my email on my berry?

Thanks!
    08-21-08 12:13 PM
    did you make sure the esn was clear when you bought the phone? I would call your customer service rep they can help you with setting up your email and pointing you in the right direction. Just ask for someone in the data center.
    08-21-08 12:21 PM
    The above shuold not happen. Any rep worth their weight will not change anything as there is verificatiion from the prior owner to do so, or the original owner will need to delete the BIS account. At that time you then can create a new account. contact your seller.
    08-21-08 05:01 PM
    if the phone is activated and able to make and recieve calls, the esn is clear. call cs and ask for tech support to help you set up your email.
    08-21-08 07:46 PM
    The ESn may be clear, but the BIS account needs to be deleted for email to work. If the old owner does not delete it or give permission to the carrier to do it. The BIS will not make a new account. When you sign up for an account it asks for the pin number, the BIS will verify there is only one account for it. If it finds the pin then you get the message that there is an account for this pin.
    Last edited by lastraid; 08-21-08 at 07:55 PM.
    08-21-08 07:49 PM
    Ownership is based on esn. What if the previous owner moved to an LG Dare? The bis is useless. If they upgraded to another BB, they would just change the pin in the bis. Call tech support. They will help you.
    08-21-08 09:18 PM
    If I got this call from a customer and I have, I would never delete any account with permission form the owner of it. period. Just beacuse another person has the device does not mean it was not lost or stolen and not reported. There are so many variables that would make me tell the buyer to contact the seller.

Although, your points do have merit, but like I said, i would never delete any account without owners permssion. So I guess at this point we agree to disagree.
    08-21-08 09:49 PM
    Agreed.(and I am adding this to meet the 10 character limit)
    08-21-08 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD