I just got my first Blackberry. (Storm 9530)
    When I set it to vibrate it vibrates and then rings. How can I stop that?
    09-28-09 07:58 PM
    thats how it works
    09-28-09 09:00 PM
    Scroll down to Advanced

Select Vibrate

Customize away.

Up the number of vibrates, then in ringtone select None or you might have to upload a silent ringtone.

BBs are complicated and make it hard to do things differently than the way Rim decided it should work, but it can be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 09:09 PM
    Well said DesertDogs.
    09-28-09 09:14 PM
    Scroll down to Advanced

Select Vibrate

Customize away.

Up the number of vibrates, then in ringtone select None or you might have to upload a silent ringtone.

BBs are complicated and make it hard to do things differently than the way Rim decided it should work, but it can be done.

Where is all that on my Storm?
    09-28-09 09:29 PM
    Well said DesertDogs.
    I see you have the same phone. Where do I go? I'm so frustrated. Please help!
    09-28-09 09:30 PM
    Where is all that on my Storm?
    It is under Profiles. The icon looks like a speaker. When you get there, you might not see the Advanced selection. Scroll down to it.
    09-28-09 09:36 PM
    It is under Profiles. The icon looks like a speaker. When you get there, you might not see the Advanced selection. Scroll down to it.
    I don't have the Advanced option. :-(
    09-28-09 09:55 PM
    Go to the speaker icon at the top left hand corner. Scroll down to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts. Press it and go to phone. Click on the button next to the vibration "custom." That's where you can customize the number of vibrates. The best way to have it ring AND vibrate is to download a 3rd party application. Go to: m.crackberry.com. Go to the link that says "Free Blackberry Storm Apps Directory." Scroll down to BuzzMe. It's a free version of the app. There are other 3rd party apps out there. I personally use BerryBuzz. But you can decide. You can customize the colors of the LED indicators...etc.
    09-28-09 10:18 PM
    just play around with ur blackberry thats how i learned. also look around forums
    09-28-09 10:22 PM
    You should consider purchasing a 3rd Party App such as BerryBuzz.

It will allow you to have your phone vibrate and ring at the same time. Additionally, it will allow you to customize the flashing LED to indicate specific phone activity. For example, you could set your phone to ring and vibrate and have the LED light up bright red whenever your boyfriend or significant other calls. Or you could make it vibrate and light up Pink when you get e-mails.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Storm!
    09-28-09 10:34 PM
    Originally Posted by collin16
    I have never heard of that bug. But for me, when this happens it is because I set the contact alerts wrong.
    If you go into contact alerts select each contact and check to see if you set their volume to any number. They should be set to "ACTIVE PROFILE" this means that it will ring as loud as whatever profile it is set to.
    This is usually the problem I run into. If not, then you configured your vibrate setting wrong. The vibrate setting sounds should all be set to silent
    09-28-09 10:54 PM
    The Storm menu is a little different. Thanks for playing.

09-28-09 11:58 PM
    The Storm menu is a little different. Thanks for playing.

I never did like the Storm anyway.

09-29-09 12:36 AM
    I never did like the Storm anyway.
    This is a good thing - if you did like it, I'd have never seen my sledgehammer again.

09-29-09 09:56 AM
    I noticed something peculiar on my Tour. I kept getting an audible ring when a Blackberry messenger message came through, even though I had it set to vibrate. What I found is that the messenger sends an alert as both a messenger message and an MMS message, so if you don't set BOTH to vibrate you will get an audible ring.
    09-30-09 03:59 PM
    I noticed something peculiar on my Tour. I kept getting an audible ring when a Blackberry messenger message came through, even though I had it set to vibrate. What I found is that the messenger sends an alert as both a messenger message and an MMS message, so if you don't set BOTH to vibrate you will get an audible ring.
    Tricky devils aren't they
    09-30-09 04:05 PM
    OP has been busy:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/doe...e-only-324872/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...ibrate-324760/

THREE threads? You must REALLY want an answer to your question.
    09-30-09 05:43 PM
    OP has been busy:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/doe...e-only-324872/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...ibrate-324760/

THREE threads? You must REALLY want an answer to your question.
    Or just a bunch of confusing ones.

09-30-09 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD