Okay so I purchase a 8330 from eBay - ESN was cleared and activated by VZW. After activation I updated to 4.5 OS & 4.7 BB Destop Manager. Now I have no Browser or email accounts. I contacted VZW and after 1.5 hours the tech support rep informs me that she spoke with some other reps and that it is a systemic problem (BIS outage). She also told me that it would be resolved by 0600 today. I turned on the BB today at 0605 and still not Internet or Email options, so I called tech support again and when through a series of battery pulls, resets and wipes but to know avail. The problem is that the BB is not registering on the VZW BB Network. I then decided to check my working BB (8330) service books and low and behold my BB email is also not working (unable to push the service books).

So I decided to reach out to the BB Guru's of Crackberry for a solution. They say the smart ones are not the ones who hold the position but those who do it for the the love of it.

Please advise as I need my emails and browser to sustain.
    06-23-09 08:31 AM
    First, check the s/w and make sure its the carrier-branded current release for the V-Dub.

If thats kosher, try Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Tables, press blackberry key and choose REgister Now.

If that comes back with BB registered on network successfully, should work. If not, I have no flipping clue.
    06-23-09 10:52 AM
    if the BIS is out, there's not much anyone can do until RIM fixes it.
    06-23-09 11:44 AM
    Resend your routing tables.. Fixes it most of the time
    06-23-09 03:46 PM
    Lost my BB Storm, got a replacement today in the mail. Opened it up, registered fine, setup with Verizon fine, I also don't have the browser, email, or application center.

I registered again via the Host Tables. I even went on the BB site that allows you to setup email and re-send your service books. Still nothing. I downgraded from 148 to 132. I removed the application center, then reinstalled it. Nothing works.

I haven't spoken with the Verizon techs yet, but based on what everyone is saying, they are having issues on their end. If anyone else has any updates, let me know.
    06-23-09 11:37 PM
    Hey all, appreciate the responses they were all helpful to my solution. Now for the irony... I tried everything and then decided to purchase a new bb fom the store. While waiting to see a tech rep we fuddled with the ebay bought bb for about 50 minutes. We get with the rep and he begins pressing buttons and sighing to himself for about another 20 minutes then concludes he has no idea why the bb will not connect. He gets a new bb starts the purchase process... Picks up the non-working bb and says wow its all there now. I guess the bb had to get around its relatives to find its connection. Thanks again all. D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 07:46 AM
    I wish I had gotten to this sooner. Really sounds like the data was not present on the device. especially being a curve there are t/s steps to resolve. I do have a thread regarding it. I THINK on the curve forum. I'll try to locate it.
    06-25-09 11:57 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/get...es-fix-214045/

heres my thread on the 1x fix for BB curve.
    06-25-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD