I have decided to sell my Storm but I'm not sure how it all works since I signed a new two year deal when I bought it.

My situation:

Two lines - curve and Storm

I added a line to purchase Tour. (this gives me 3 lines now)

I plan to put an unused Razr on the new line which makes my Storm unused.
    (used lines would be Tour, Curve and Razr)

I want to sell my storm on Ebay - but my question - is there anything holding my Storm to my line in regards to the contract? I'm thinking that as long as that line is active, that I'm okay? But I'm not sure. I've never sold a phone before.

Does anybody have any suggestions or advice they could share?

Much appreciated.
    07-24-09 02:58 PM
    Wipe it clean and sell that pig. You won't have any issue as long as its not active on a line.
    07-24-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks so much.

So does that mean I have a clean ESN?
    07-24-09 03:05 PM
    I was able to sell my Storm last week in less than an hour on eBay with a "buy it now" button. $200. I just wanted enough for my Tour.

Good luck and good riddance!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 03:06 PM
    Thanks so much.

So does that mean I have a clean ESN?
    Yeah its clean as long as the phone isn't reported lost or stolen. So you can tell them that the esn is clean and the phone is ready to be activated on a Verizon Account.
    07-24-09 03:27 PM
    Thanks a lot! I've listed it now! :-)
    07-24-09 03:54 PM
    I also purchased a 3rd line in order to get my Storm. Hated the Storm and decided to sell it after going back to my Curve. Had my nephew sell it for me online - got $220 for the phone, charging station, cover, screen protectors. I took it to my carrier and had them delete everything off the phone before I handed it over though. Also told my carrier that I no longer was keeping the phone and to take it off my records.

BTW - I took the money and upgraded to the Tour. Love the phone!!
    08-03-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD