My wife and I have family plan w/ bb's just lost jobs, my new one gives me an AT&T BB, want to cancel and port phones to different account, my number to ATT and my wifes to my parents line, understand the pentalies ok with that. Question is, mine (main no.) Will be ported on Monday, hers a week later when back in town. Will her no. Still work, will the cancel fee change since if still works will then be the primary number, does this restart a new contract for her?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 05:32 PM
    When the number is ported out, the system will automatically reassign a new primary. This doesn't extend anything.
    10-03-09 06:22 PM
    No. The early termination fee is the same for any line canceled. It is prorated through. It is 5 dollars off for every month you have completed of your contract. There is a 65 minimum fee (or something like that). Your finall bill will be pretty messy since she is canceling a week later but good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:06 PM
    If she is going to her parents plan and they are on Verizon do an AOL... DONT cancel the line jsut to start up again. The AOL process is easy and will save you a bunch of money.
    10-05-09 11:52 AM
    So he knows, AOL is assumption of liability(or something to that effect). basically your parents line assumes control of the line and thus the contract for that line continues. My wife and I did this years back when we were dating. Pretty painless. The primary has to be on the phone to do it for each account or you have to give permission noted on the account.
    10-05-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD