Alright my internet works fine, but when I get on facebook, to the chat section it says upgrade to get the whole thing I guess, so I tried to dl firefox it gave me could not save file or something...so is this when the cds come into use, and when you need your pc synched with your bb?

TIA
    02-22-09 05:06 PM
    The destop manager (user tools) is needed to sync your device to outlook. Not quite sure how firefx and facebook toe together, but you should be able to update facebook via the device, I believe. I will also tell you that facebook can play havoc with your device.
    02-22-09 05:28 PM
    Thanks, but umm yeah I may sound stupid but I am new to all this lol....don't really get what your saying though.
    02-22-09 05:39 PM
    Sync means to make your device look the same as outlook on your computer. unsless you use a MAC.

I would really suggest clicking on the green link below ans search thought there. it is a great section for Newbies
    02-22-09 05:54 PM
    You can't download firefox onto your Blackberry. You also can't use facebook chat on your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 06:31 PM
    You can't download firefox onto your Blackberry. You also can't use facebook chat on your blackberry.

Thanks, then what can I use?
    And why not facebook chat?
    02-22-09 06:53 PM
    LOL, I know someone out of all these members can help me LOL
    02-22-09 07:40 PM
    You can use the built in browser on your blackberry. There are also a few other browsers (opera mini, bolt) that can be downloaded onto your blackberry and used.

Facebook chat was not designed to be used on a mobile platform.

There are rumors about facebook chat being enabled on a newer version of the facebook app for blackberry.
    02-22-09 07:46 PM
    You can use the built in browser on your blackberry. There are also a few other browsers (opera mini, bolt) that can be downloaded onto your blackberry and used.

Facebook chat was not designed to be used on a mobile platform.

There are rumors about facebook chat being enabled on a newer version of the facebook app for blackberry.
    Do you have the link where I can d/l opera mini on my BB?

Yeah when I tried to use chat, it said I needed to upgrade the browser?

So yeah I am guessing there is a newer version out there somewhere? Just don't have a clue LOL
    02-22-09 07:49 PM
    There is no newer version of the FB app. At this time, there is no way you are able to do facebook chat on the blackberry, even with a different browser.

Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    02-22-09 07:51 PM
    There is no newer version of the FB app. At this time, there is no way you are able to do facebook chat on the blackberry, even with a different browser.

Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world
    Oh ok, I figured that there wasn't just what came up on the screen LOL

Thanks for the link.

What do you have on your BB?
    02-22-09 08:11 PM
    I mainly just use the BB browser. Sometimes I use Opera Mini.
    02-22-09 08:21 PM
    I mainly just use the BB browser. Sometimes I use Opera Mini.
    Oh ok.
    I was reading the thread about having to have a data plan...and didn't know there was a difference, but I do have the 29.99 plan-made sure of it, but will find out when my dad get's his bill --it is cheaper for me to be on his account, but anyways, so what is the difference between the 2?
    02-22-09 08:37 PM
    If you're not connecting to your employer's Blackberry server, you don't need the more expensive one.

02-22-09 08:43 PM
    If you're not connecting to your employer's Blackberry server, you don't need the more expensive one.

And I am not doing that. Thnx

ETA: The most expensive one is the 45 correct?
    02-22-09 08:50 PM
    COrrect - sounds like you need the $29 plan
    02-22-09 08:59 PM
    With the more expensive plan, your BlackBerry is controlled by the BES admin. If they don't want you doing something, downloading something or upgrading something, they block you.

They administer your device as they see fit.

02-22-09 09:28 PM
    COrrect - sounds like you need the $29 plan
    K, thanks so much, that is what I have now jms I wasn't paying for more than I needed.

With the more expensive plan, your BlackBerry is controlled by the BES admin. If they don't want you doing something, downloading something or upgrading something, they block you.

They administer your device as they see fit.

Oh ok I gotcha. So with the 29 plan, they don't block you from doing anything? I think it would be the other way around. But like I have said Im new and really don't know how it works yet.
    02-22-09 09:49 PM
    With BIS, there is minimal administration. You do most everything yourself. It is designed for the single/family/personal user.

BES is for the corporate user, where the company controls everything - much like your work PC.

One is freedom. The other is Big-Brother. Da man, as the used to say when I was younger.

02-22-09 09:58 PM
    K, thanks so much, that is what I have now jms I wasn't paying for more than I needed.

Oh ok I gotcha. So with the 29 plan, they don't block you from doing anything? I think it would be the other way around. But like I have said Im new and really don't know how it works yet.

Both plans have unlim data. The difference between the two are features required to run on BES server. It was last year that the $29.99 plans came out.
    02-22-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD