My two sons and I just upgraded earlier this week. All of us got the LG Dare with the Nationwide Premium Family Share Plan (700 minutes). It comes with everything. Now after a few days, my oldest son (21 yo) and I are not happy with the LG Dare and are looking to switch over to Blackberry Curves. My other son (17 yo) loves the Dare and all the features on our plan. (BTW, they are paying for their own phones/accessories, but I pay for the plan.)

How will this work if we go back and switch the 2 Dares to 2 Curves? What will my costs look like? Both boys text a lot; I hardly ever text. We like having the Internet, VZNavigator, and email. They definitely want the music; I don't care one way or another about the music.

As you can guess, I HATE calling Customer Service, especially after reading how you can never get the same answer from different reps.

Any thoughts?
    07-10-08 02:57 PM
    Not familiar with VZW plans... but I know you will be required to have a data plan on both Curves (I think about $30 for each one!)

I would get unlimited family texting (probably better than unlimited for each line...)

Call VZW for exact pricing Or I am sure someone will know...
    07-10-08 02:59 PM
    Alright, here is MY suggestion.

I work for verizon nd i see situations like this all the time.

Make your son who is keeping the dare the primary on the account. He will keep all the features (VCast, Unlimited text, nav, ECT.) You and your other son will be the secondary lines and you'll need the $30 data on each of the curves. you will still have unlimited texting. Nave is extra but you can always download google maps :-)

I hope this helped, if you need me to clear anything up PM me
    07-10-08 04:32 PM
    They'll do a return exchange within 30 days on your device. The Curves will probably end up being free. You'll probably want to get rid of premium pricing, and drop to a select plan, because both the Curves require the $29.99 data plan.
    You're probably gonna pay about the same amount, but save on device costs.
    Hope this helps.
    07-10-08 07:19 PM
    I would look into downgrading your plan to the Select plan. The select plan is unlimited texting for all phones on your plan, to any network. For me and my 5 phones that plan is $100 cheaper per month. Then you can al a cart the 2 data packages for your BB and whatever else you need for the dare.

But if you are only going to have 1 phone that is not a BB, It may not be worth keeping the Premium plan as you will only have 1 phone that will benefit from it.

I wish VZW had some sort of plan with multiple BB to give you a break on the Date, but they don't So 2 BB will hit you $60.00 a month.

I am on line now so the Select plan runs $109.98 for 3 phones (700 minutes) , plus $60.00 Data for 2 BB and I am not sure what the dare takes cost wise for whatever else you want.
    07-10-08 08:16 PM
    I just looked and for 3 phone plan, 700 minutes on the Premium plan is $60.00 more.
    07-10-08 08:19 PM
    As far as I know, BB's cannot go on nationwide premium plans. They need to go on the select, and add the data plan. This gives you all the you would need for a BB. Premium plans incorp the V-cast V-pak which is the data for regular phones and not compat with BB'S
    07-10-08 08:20 PM
    I'll bet that when the 17 year old see those Curve, he is gonna want to change also to a Curve.
    07-10-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD