Hello,
    I'll dive right into my problem. I bought a Curve 8530 online and received it about 2 days ago.
    As soon as I switched my number onto the phone and then the phone reached <30% battery, it died. I mean really died. It wouldn't turn on at all until I plugged it into a computer for 5 hours...
    So the next day, after charging it all night, the charge runs out in about 2-3 hours and, at <30%, the phone goes into the same dead state.
    After getting a new battery, the phone was able to reach <30%, but still lost battery quite quickly.
    Now tonight, the phone again died at <30% battery.
    What do you think would be the problem?
    Do you think that, if I went to the Verizon Store, they would be okay with giving me a replacement phone?
    Thank you for any insight or help!
    -Berko
    Edit: Would reinstalling the OS have any effect either?
    09-25-10 09:35 PM
    If you bought your 8530 new from Verizon, you can get a new warranty replacement within 30 days of your purchase. If you bought it used, you're out of luck; the warranty only applies to the original purchaser. It does sound like a problem with either the phone or the charger. Reinstalling the OS won't help a hardware problem.
    09-25-10 10:49 PM
    Hello,
    I'll dive right into my problem. I bought a Curve 8530 online and received it about 2 days ago.
    As soon as I switched my number onto the phone and then the phone reached <30% battery, it died. I mean really died. It wouldn't turn on at all until I plugged it into a computer for 5 hours...
    So the next day, after charging it all night, the charge runs out in about 2-3 hours and, at <30%, the phone goes into the same dead state.
    After getting a new battery, the phone was able to reach <30%, but still lost battery quite quickly.
    Now tonight, the phone again died at <30% battery.
    What do you think would be the problem?
    Do you think that, if I went to the Verizon Store, they would be okay with giving me a replacement phone?
    Thank you for any insight or help!
    -Berko
    Edit: Would reinstalling the OS have any effect either?
    Did you have insurance on your line, usually it would transfer to the phone that was bought, as long as Verizon still carries the phone? The store will be little help to you.
    09-25-10 11:08 PM
    If you're within 30 days of buying it don't go through your insurance. Go directly through Verizon and you should get a new device, not a refurbished.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 01:25 AM
    If you're within 30 days of buying it don't go through your insurance. Go directly through Verizon and you should get a new device, not a refurbished.

^^^^Agree^^^^

If you just bought it, have it exchanged under the WFG. You'll get a new device and should not have to pay for the restocking fee.
    09-26-10 01:31 AM
    Hm, seems that batteries on the 8530 are getting worse.
    My mothers 8530 battery was so bad/messed up, it look 5 different batteries for the VZW store employees to switch her to her new 9650, which was BOGO, so I received one also.
    09-26-10 01:44 AM
    help needed my phone was lost about two months ago. i founnd it back but my personal code cant unlock the phone i am at nine tries and dont want to erase the telephone number is it possible to retrive the numbers
    09-26-10 02:08 AM
    help needed my phone was lost about two months ago. i founnd it back but my personal code cant unlock the phone i am at nine tries and dont want to erase the telephone number is it possible to retrive the numbers
    Nice thread hi-jack, but no, there isn't.
    09-26-10 02:17 AM
    If you reset the phone through DM you should be able to wipe it clean.

09-26-10 09:02 AM
    Wow, thank you guys for all your help!
    Although, markhunsaker, I'm not entirely sure what DM means...
    But I think I'm just gonna run into the Verizon Store today, explain the problem, and see if they'll give me a new phone.
    09-26-10 09:24 AM
    I was responding to the thread hijacker.

Good luck.

09-26-10 12:49 PM
    Good news! For anyone hanging on the edge of his or her seat, the good folk at Verizon have agreed to send me a guaranteed-to-work refurbished 8530!
    Yay for Verizon customer service!
    It should be here in 2 days. Thank you for all your help!
    09-26-10 02:51 PM
    If you bought a new one you should get a new one not a replacement. Good luck!

09-26-10 04:15 PM
    Well, what's the word on refurbished phones?
    How do you guys think a refurbished 8530 will hold up??
    09-27-10 10:44 AM
    Good news! For anyone hanging on the edge of his or her seat, the good folk at Verizon have agreed to send me a guaranteed-to-work refurbished 8530!
    Yay for Verizon customer service!
    It should be here in 2 days. Thank you for all your help!
    Was there a reason that they did not replace it with a new one?
    Did you buy it from VZW originally?
    09-27-10 10:50 AM
    Oddly enough, I didn't... I bought it online from some random site but VZW agreed to send me a refurb.
    I mean they offered me the option to talk to the site I bought it from to get a new one but that site already sent me a bad phone, I figured I'd trust VZ's refurb over the other site.
    09-27-10 10:54 AM
    Oddly enough, I didn't... I bought it online from some random site but VZW agreed to send me a refurb.
    I mean they offered me the option to talk to the site I bought it from to get a new one but that site already sent me a bad phone, I figured I'd trust VZ's refurb over the other site.
    Well then that explains why you are not receiveing a new device. I was just unsure because you said that you had purchased it a few days ago.
    09-27-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD