I am interested in getting a blackberry, however i am not eligible for an upgrade yet. I am going to buy the blackberry of someone, but how do i know if i am able to activate that phone with my current number and make sure i am not getting ripped off? is there a code i need or something?? remember this is a verizon blackberry. thank you
    12-24-09 12:16 PM
    You can purchase a bb from someone else! This way your upgrade is still in tact! Be sure you check the ESN with Verizon to ensure its not stolen and will work on the Verizon network. Verizon will tell you that you have to add a $29.99 data plan but its a pretty easy process

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 12:20 PM
    If you go into the store and explain what's going on they will help you out. If you're already a verizon customer and have a VZW number, you will able to swtich it over to the new device no problem. Unfortunately you are going to be paying top dollar for it unless you are adding a line to your account with them or there is some other kind of promotion going on. I have heard there is a "buy one get one" promotion going on but I'm not sure which devices it covers and if there are any qualifications about renewing contracts or anything. I would say just check out the website---or even better---go into one of the stores. I have found VZW to be very very helpful. They always will throw in some sort of discount or promotion in for me.

Just got a new tour last week from VZW and paid about $328 for it but with a $100 dollar rebate. That is without being eligible for upgrades or anything else. They did throw in a discount for me though... Forget what it was specifically but it had something to do with adding the dataplan.

Good luck!
    12-24-09 12:21 PM
    thank you! what number would i call to check the esn?
    12-24-09 12:22 PM
    #611 from your current VZW phone! Listen to all the prompts then hit 3 or 4 (I forget) for customer/technical support.
    12-24-09 12:23 PM
    thank you. do you recommend the world edition?
    12-24-09 12:26 PM
    thank you. do you recommend the world edition?
    What are you going to be using the phone for? The curve is alot cheaper now and the camera is nice. The tour is great overall and its the best qwerty BB on vzw right now.
    12-24-09 12:34 PM
    The Curve is great but the Tour is the way to go if you can afford it!
    12-24-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD