I am a newbie with BB. 1st day I hated it. 2nd day I smiled at it. 3rd day I was in love with it. 4th day...today it went pyscho... Here's the scoop....It was in my desk and beeped that I had a message. Because I had a student coming to my room, I briefly looked at my phone and then pressed the "close" button....hmm...or so I thought. My Curve emitted this shrill piercing continuous alarm sound, almost like what a personal alarm device sounds like, and WOULD NOT stop. I even turned OFF my Curve but it continued to emit the shrill sound with the phone OFF! (That's what made me think maybe this was an emergency feature....like a personal safety alarm). Anyway, I had to take my battery out to shut it off.

My question is...does the BB Curve have a personal safety alarm feature and I possibly keyed it when I thought I was closing out my messenger app?? If not what the heck was it?? I'll admit...it scared me to death and I almost peed in my pants when it squealed like that. It scared me to death.

Anyone ever have this happen to them? B/c I am a BB newbie...I hope you can help me! Man, imgainge if I had been in a board meeting...lol...
    09-18-09 08:41 PM
    Pull the battery for about 30 seconds and replace see if this helps.
    09-18-09 08:44 PM
    It happens a lot here. Do as lastraid says and thet should fix it until the next time it happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 08:46 PM
    Really??? I've never had that happen to me! How do I do that? I wanna know! LOL
    Be a fun trick at the bar...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 08:52 PM
    Really??? I've never had that happen to me! How do I do that? I wanna know! LOL
    Be a fun trick at the bar...
    It happens for much the same reason speaker blast does. Software conflicts & corrupted memory files are what does it.

BlackBerry is horrible at rendering memory & memory operations & it is basically extended speaker blast.
    Last edited by TwinsX2Dad; 09-18-09 at 09:32 PM.
    09-18-09 09:29 PM
    Thanks..........this was all helpful to know.
    09-18-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD