Can anybody help me unlock the Blackberry Storm for me, I'm not a verizon customer. I'm just trying to unlock it for my sister. PM me if you can help me out

Thank You,
    Redman
    12-03-08 08:01 PM
    you can buy one here GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do
    12-03-08 08:05 PM
    It would be nicer if I can get it for free.
    12-03-08 08:12 PM
    i don't think that will happen unless you have it activated on a plan with verizon
    12-03-08 08:13 PM
    i don't think that will happen unless you have it activated on a plan with verizon
    Yes it can, they only need a person who has a Verizon Subscriber and they will give you the code. or Am I wrong?
    12-03-08 08:18 PM
    i believe it goes by the imei number which would be tied to the account
    12-03-08 08:25 PM
    I don't think so. I used to have a Nokia from T-Mobile. I got a Pearl, they just ask me the IMEI number and gave me the code. They don't tie IMEI with your account. You just needs to be a subscriber.

And I'm trying the MFI multiloader. Let see how this goes, ill do what it takes to get the code for free.
    Last edited by redman12; 12-03-08 at 08:39 PM.
    12-03-08 08:37 PM
    I don't think so. I used to have a Nokia from T-Mobile. I got a Pearl, they just ask me the IMEI number and gave me the code. They don't tie IMEI with your account. You just needs to be a subscriber.

And I'm trying the MFI multiloader. Let see how this goes, ill do what it takes to get the code for free.
    you can also call the global support team to get the unlock code. Not sure what kind of requirements they will have for it.

But an unlocked Storm will only be unlocked for overseas use. No t-mobile or AT&T usage... Maybe a vodafone unlocked one... Not sure on that tip.
    12-04-08 09:43 PM
    tried the mfi multiloader didnt work, im trying to do the same thing, its either find someone with access to verizon unlock code database or pay for it. they only way you can call global support is if your storm is connected to your verizon account. each verizon phone has a number tied into is as theyre only selling phones with contracts.
    12-06-08 02:11 PM
    Can anybody help me unlock the Blackberry Storm for me, I'm not a verizon customer. I'm just trying to unlock it for my sister. PM me if you can help me out

Thank You,
    Redman
    If not a Verizon customer, the only way to unlock is through International method. Slow process and takes 1-2 weeks.
    12-06-08 04:29 PM
    you can also call the global support team to get the unlock code. Not sure what kind of requirements they will have for it.

But an unlocked Storm will only be unlocked for overseas use. No t-mobile or AT&T usage... Maybe a vodafone unlocked one... Not sure on that tip.
    The Verizon Unlocked Storm will work with At&t. A buyer of mine has confirmed this.
    12-06-08 04:30 PM
    Verizon actually goes by phone numbers. Employees cannot get unlock codes by IMEI's or they will be fired. I know this is consistent with the Storm request codes.
    12-06-08 04:32 PM
    If not a Verizon customer, the only way to unlock is through International method. Slow process and takes 1-2 weeks.
    what do you mean through international method? and any other way for unlocking it without have to call verizon costumer service?
    thanks
    12-06-08 07:08 PM
    The Verizon Unlocked Storm will work with At&t. A buyer of mine has confirmed this.
    Will it work for Sprint??
    01-01-09 11:08 AM
    CodeVIP

Can you unlock the 9500 on Vodafone?
    01-01-09 01:40 PM
    Will it work for Sprint??
    Sprint is like regular VZW phones and does not use SIM cards, and the CDMA part of the phone will only work on VZW, Telus, and Bell. No other CDMA carrier can activate a Storm at this time.
    01-02-09 01:53 AM
    If you are going to call Verizon you have to have been in good standings for at least 60 days straight. If you are late one month for an example then you would have to get current first and then wait 60 days for them to give you or unlock your phone for you.

I was traveling internationaly and fell behind and they would not give me the unlock code until I waited 60 days straight with no lates. I tried arguing my point up the managment ladder that did not get me any where.
    02-06-09 10:15 PM
    Sprint is like regular VZW phones and does not use SIM cards, and the CDMA part of the phone will only work on VZW, Telus, and Bell. No other CDMA carrier can activate a Storm at this time.
    After unlocking the Storm through Verizon or through the many after market vendors which are availabe and morst are reliable all over the net and eBay, the Storm 9530 will work on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and just about all International Sim Based services (eg: Du & Etesalat).
    02-06-09 10:20 PM
    Any update on this? When I load MML and connect the phone I get "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."
    02-09-09 12:25 AM
    I have a friend and she wants to sell me her verizon storm because she is going to sprint, but I have at&T. She wont let me unlock it until she gets another phone. Is it possible for me to unlock it without service? I am willing to pay to have it unlocked once I receive it if it is possible.
    02-11-09 03:22 PM
    I am too trying to find out if it needs to be unlocked for sprint or will it just activate. I know that sprint doesn"t have "OTA" like Verizon does. In that case does anyone know how to get into the programming menu for the storm??
    02-19-09 11:42 PM

1. The phone must be active on a VZW account
    2. No past due balance for 60 (or 90, not sure) days
    2. One unlock code per account every 10 months

I think that's what they told me.

On and an unlocked storm works just fine here, you just dont get 3G only EDGE. I've done it.
    02-20-09 12:06 AM
    I have a friend and she wants to sell me her verizon storm because she is going to sprint, but I have at&T. She wont let me unlock it until she gets another phone. Is it possible for me to unlock it without service? I am willing to pay to have it unlocked once I receive it if it is possible.
    There are plenty of unlocking services online. You need to pay (averaging $20-30 for the Storm) and provide the IMEI code (16 digits).
    02-20-09 12:08 AM
    After unlocking the Storm through Verizon or through the many after market vendors which are availabe and morst are reliable all over the net and eBay, the Storm 9530 will work on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and just about all International Sim Based services (eg: Du & Etesalat).
    Yes, the only drawback is that it does not support north american 3G but it DOES work. I unlocked mine and tried my AT&T Bold SIM card and it worked just fine!
    02-20-09 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD