Okay, so here's the deal. I'm on Sprint and have had a Curve for about 6 months now. My GF loves it and wants one for herself (pink of course). She is on Verizon.

Our anniversary is coming up so I'm buying her one, but I wanted to figure out the logistics of it first. She is still on her family plan, and as far as I know all she has is unlimited texting, but it's not unlimited texting per device, it's just ON the family plan.

I was wondering if you guys could help me see how much extra she will be paying a month. What are Verizon's options for data? What do they include? I'm guessing she couldn't remove the texting, since that is on the family plan and not on her individual number.

Thanks for all the help in advance Verizon gurus!
    01-14-09 03:22 PM
    I believe it would be about $30/month for the data plan. If she is the main texter on the family plan, they could discuss removing or reducing text service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 03:32 PM
    She is basically the only one who texts. Like I said, they are on the "Family Text Package". Does the data plan include texting? If so, they could go to the lowest tier text plan.

Does anyone know of the costs of the text plan they're on now, and the price of what they could possibly go to?
    01-14-09 03:37 PM
    There is no such thing as "Famly Text" Plan. Each line has to have it's own text plan. $10.00 gets you 500 + Unlimited In Network. Minimum BB Data plan is $29.99 as previously stated.

If you guys use the BB Messenger her current Text package may be OK, however with BB your messaging is bound to go up!!!!

Data plan does not include texting!
    01-14-09 03:41 PM
    if they are on a Nationwide Select Family SharePlan plan than ALL the lines have Unlimited Messaging . so that would be considered a "family text plan."

your girlfriend will just need to add the Email and Web for BlackBerry for $29.99/month
    to her line.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-14-09 at 03:54 PM.
    01-14-09 03:42 PM
    Dang, that's kind of expensive...alright, thanks everyone!

01-14-09 04:28 PM

it's worth it though!
    01-14-09 04:31 PM

Not really its more or less comperable to other providers however with verizon she must have the BB BIS service (29.99) or the BB BES service (44.99) in order to be able to even buy/use a blackberry the phone wont work without it... So if she is not going to want to pay the aditional 29.99 then i recommend thinking of abother gift
    01-14-09 04:33 PM
    Oh believe me I know it's worth it, that's why I pay for it on my account. However, even though her parents would also likely pay it, she would feel bad asking them to pay $29.99 a month for something that's not a necessity.
    01-14-09 04:45 PM
    DPD:

On the" Select Plans" it is unlimited messaging, period. Any carrier. Please go to the verizon site and read. there you can become better acquainted with the plans.

go to the VZW site, click on Select Plans, read, then report back what you've found.

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-14-09 at 05:23 PM.
    01-14-09 05:07 PM
    Don't say 30 a month. Tell them, "it's only a dollar a day!" Lol

It works.

01-14-09 05:27 PM
    Ya, it might work but I don't want to buy her something that makes her parents feel forced to spend the extra money. $20 maybe, but not $30.
    01-14-09 05:52 PM
    DPD:

On the" Select Plans" it is unlimited messaging, period. Any carrier. Please go to the verizon site and read. there you can become better acquainted with the plans.

go to the VZW site, click on Select Plans, read, then report back what you've found.

I Apologize, I was wrong, VZW has being Screwing me for MONTHS!!!!!
    01-14-09 06:05 PM
    Really? What plan do you have? you can always call and try to get a credit if you were misinformed by a rep. Ya never know.

By the way...sorry if i came off too mean! i just didn't want to further confuse the OP or anyone else who is not very familiar with VZW plans!

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-14-09 at 06:24 PM.
    01-14-09 06:19 PM
    actually it is a necessity. there is no point in having a blackberry if you are not going to use it for its intended purpose. if all your girlfriend wants is texting try the voyager enV2 or the glyde. all of those have very nice features without the added data service.

also, this device is not a toy even though it is quite fun. if you bought a blackberry without using it for what it is designed to do then you would be pretty much wasting your money
    What are you talking about? I said I was going to buy her one, depending on how much extra it was going to cost her. I have a Curve and have the data package, and use it for my e-mail like it's designed for. I was going to get her a BB because prompt e-mail delivery is extremely important at our college, but since I'm not the one paying the data charge I'm not going to get it now.
    01-15-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD