Ok, so I'm not eligible until Nov 2010 for an upgrade and I am on a family plan. No other lines are available anytime sooner. I was thinking about possibly starting my own contract or anything I need to get the Tour at the 2yr contract price. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    07-05-09 10:38 PM
    The best bet is to keep the phone you have for your voice calls (since im sure everyone you know, uses that number to contact you, and open your own line for data only on the Blackberry Tour.Its only 49.99 monthly and that way you can get the two year price.
    07-05-09 10:48 PM
    Then i would be paying tons of money and would have to carry two blackberries the whole time. That doesn't sound very feasible.
    07-05-09 10:55 PM
    Your only option is to add another line.
    07-05-09 10:59 PM
    If you broke off from the family plan, I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay an early termination fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:18 PM
    Simply do the add line for $9.99 a month.

Then have them do an ESN change from the Tour to your exisiting phone # and then have the old phone put on the new phone #.

If they give you problems in the store doing so, simply do it online or by pressing *228 from the handsets!

Hope this helps!
    07-05-09 11:19 PM
    But wouldn't the OP be required to have a BlackBerry Plan on both BlackBerry devices?
    07-05-09 11:25 PM
    Hey dude!!!

Post a sale on craiglist or ebay and wait till someone who is
    interested in buying the phone along with the remaing contract.
    Once that transaction is done, subsidize the cost of the
    tour using the money from the sale.

All this trouble for the tour... oh boy!
    07-05-09 11:32 PM
    Sell some lemonade and save your money if you want it that bad

07-06-09 06:28 AM

x2

you knew better phones would come out when you got your plan.
    07-06-09 06:47 AM

X3 on getting yourself a Lemonade stand!
    07-06-09 09:57 AM
    If you aren't the primary on the shareplan, its gonna be cheaper in the long run to just pay full price....

07-06-09 01:04 PM
    +1 for paying full price
    07-06-09 01:22 PM
    Have you tried talking to a VZW rep? I know they are willing to allow somewhat of an early upgrade. They are letting me upgrade 2 months early. Granted, it's not a year and a half, but it doesn't hurt to try!
    07-06-09 07:22 PM
    Ok, so I'm not eligible until Nov 2010 for an upgrade and I am on a family plan. No other lines are available anytime sooner. I was thinking about possibly starting my own contract or anything I need to get the Tour at the 2yr contract price. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    You could ask the OP of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/wen...-today-255103/

He got his TOUR for FREE! Gratis. No charge.

07-07-09 05:09 PM
    If you aren't the primary on the shareplan, its gonna be cheaper in the long run to just pay full price....
    I have the Primary line on my shareplan and I have an interesting question as I got the Storm, when it first came out Nov-08 and my base upgrade date per the VZW website is Jul-10 - it must be some sort of early upgrade date??? Anyways, due to the amount of my plan I was auto enrolled into the VIP program, which lets me upgrade the primary line phone once each year, so I am thinking my VIP upgrade date should be Nov-09 or in about 4 months.

My plan is to take the current free upgrade from one of the subordinate lines as it is for my father-in-law, who will simply use his phone 'forever' as I've already done this a few years ago.

Lastly, my question is if I use the 3rd line's free upgrade, shouldn't that only reset his line to 2 years out (Jul-11) from when I get the Tour and still keep the Primary upgrade at Nov-09 per the VIP plan??? If so, I am expecting that to be the case as I wanted the flexibility to either investigate the Storm 2 or pursue the Tour's replacement sometime next year as I am dying to have Wi-Fi integration with my phone!!!

Any thoughts???
    07-07-09 06:01 PM
    Try asking them if you're eligible for an early 2 year upgrade.
    07-07-09 06:18 PM
    I believe you are correct
    07-07-09 07:13 PM
    If you broke off from the family plan, I'm pretty sure you'd have to pay an early termination fee.

He wouldn't. His plan price would go up dramatically, however. If he split off, and he was the primary on the account, he would just designate a new primary. There wouldn't be an ETF for this.
    07-08-09 03:39 AM
    when did u get your phone and contract? i just started mine with sprint last month and then i seen the tour was coming out so i returned my phone within the 30days and was lucky enough to get a loaner for a week till i get the tour on the 12th the cool thing is that since i returned the phone withing the 30 days i get the tour for the 2yr price so i dont have to pay full price but with that i dont get 30 days when i get the tour cause i already used it with the first phone so i hope this helps you and good luck!
    07-08-09 04:21 AM
    when did u get your phone and contract? i just started mine with sprint last month and then i seen the tour was coming out so i returned my phone within the 30days and was lucky enough to get a loaner for a week till i get the tour on the 12th the cool thing is that since i returned the phone withing the 30 days i get the tour for the 2yr price so i dont have to pay full price but with that i dont get 30 days when i get the tour cause i already used it with the first phone so i hope this helps you and good luck!
    He got it when the Storm first came out:
    "...I got the Storm, when it first came out Nov-08 "

It's just a few posts up.
    07-08-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD