Hey, my current contract with Tmobile is up on 11/8. I don't have a fancy phone right now, just whatever freebie they were giving away a couple years ago. My wife and I want to get BB 8330s. We need 2000+ minutes a month, and would like to have unlimited data/texting, etc. My wife is a public school teacher here in TN, and the guys in the local Verizon store said she will get a 20% discount on services and equipment.

They wouldn't give me any real numbers in the store, and everything seemed kind of screwy. There in the tag by the display phone, it showed $169 - $70Mail-in rebate = $99. Then when I asked how much the phone would be for us and they said $105 each, and no rebate! Am I missing something? They showed me a plan with 2100 minutes, unlimited texting, then adding the data package for both lines with her discount would come out to $163/mo +taxes and fees.

I can get a better plan through Sprint (3,000 min, unlimited data +text, etc) for $127.49 a month +tax, and the phones for $70 each without having to fool with any mail-in rebates at all. I'm willing to pay an extra 5-10% for what I think is a little better nextwork with Verizon, but not more than that.

Anybody have ideas? Thanks!
    10-30-08 04:32 PM
    All that info is correct, it is the ELEU program (employee liable accounts) b/c your wife works for the state of TN as far as we are concerned. The prices are all good and I would highly suggest VZW over Sprint, but I'm biased.. Just make sure you go in with her badge or paystub, they have to capture an image of that in the system or they'll get nailed on their next audit. Welcome to crackberry and good luck!
    10-30-08 04:45 PM
    Hey, my current contract with Tmobile is up on 11/8. I don't have a fancy phone right now, just whatever freebie they were giving away a couple years ago. My wife and I want to get BB 8330s. We need 2000+ minutes a month, and would like to have unlimited data/texting, etc. My wife is a public school teacher here in TN, and the guys in the local Verizon store said she will get a 20% discount on services and equipment.

They wouldn't give me any real numbers in the store, and everything seemed kind of screwy. There in the tag by the display phone, it showed $169 - $70Mail-in rebate = $99. Then when I asked how much the phone would be for us and they said $105 each, and no rebate! Am I missing something? They showed me a plan with 2100 minutes, unlimited texting, then adding the data package for both lines with her discount would come out to $163/mo +taxes and fees.

I can get a better plan through Sprint (3,000 min, unlimited data +text, etc) for $127.49 a month +tax, and the phones for $70 each without having to fool with any mail-in rebates at all. I'm willing to pay an extra 5-10% for what I think is a little better nextwork with Verizon, but not more than that.

Anybody have ideas? Thanks!
    keep in mind in order to get the price of 99$ for the phone, you have to send off for the rebate. with your wifes ELEU (employee liable end user) discount, the phone is 105.99 with no rebate, $6 more per phone but there is no worry about not receiving the rebate.

the $163 sounds about right assuming your wifes employee discount profile gets 0% discount on data features. next time you go into the store, ask if her profile saves $ on data.
    10-31-08 01:41 AM
    When I decided to get my berry I ended up bailing on sprint simply for the lack of MMS ability. Prices were always better at sprint, never had a problem with service or support or billing etc. Just a piece of **** when it comes to MMS etc.

IE make sure all the features you want to use are available with whichever service you go with.
    10-31-08 09:45 AM
    Sounds about right. The BB 8830 WE is 99.99 right now. A select family plan with unltd text and 2100 min would be 139.99 + 29.99 x 2 [BB web and email for each phone] = 200.00 before taxes and ELEU discounts. If you have data plan discounts, it would be even less.
    10-31-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD