I need help deciding what type of family plan is best for my boyfriend and I. We are switching from US Cellular.

Neither of us talk very much except on nights/weekends minutes. So we probably need the least amount available of minutes for families.

We are both getting Storms, so we need unlimited data (29.99 BIS for each phone, right?) and we would prefer unlimited texting.

We don't need a roaming plan or long distance etc.

So basically what i'm asking for is opinions? I am confused about the difference between Verizon's "basic", "select", "premium" plans. Is the difference only in messaging plans?

Someone help please!
    11-20-08 02:52 AM
    You definitely want the data plan, and texting is a big plus!
    Your best bet is to just ask a VZW sales rep. They can tell you what the best plan may be for you.
    11-20-08 06:46 AM
    I just did a price plan at verizonwilrelss.com and for two blackberry on family plan 700 minutes with unlimited texting and two unlimited data plans after tax it says you will be paying $159.97 per month.

This is the select plan.

Basic does not include unlimited texting
    select includes unlimited texting
    premium is for vcast phones, and you don't need it with just blackberry on your plan
    11-20-08 07:29 AM
    I just did a price plan at verizonwilrelss.com and for two blackberry on family plan 700 minutes with unlimited texting and two unlimited data plans after tax it says you will be paying $159.97 per month.

This is the select plan.

Basic does not include unlimited texting
    select includes unlimited texting
    premium is for vcast phones, and you don't need it with just blackberry on your plan
    Thanks. That sounds like the best deal! I appreciate your help.

My parents pay around $180.00 on US Cellular for a family plan of 4 people (2 of the 4 have unlimited data)

I can't believe Verizon is so expensive! lol But it is worth it for the Storm.
    11-20-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD