02-17-09 07:06 PM
32 12
tools
    im confused with all the data plan stuff.. i have read like 5 different things tonight about it.. I just got my curve and i got the 30 dollar BB plan.. and they told me its unlimited.. but then i read after u go above 5G u get charged.. how much is 5G's anyways... if someone can please help it will be greatly appreciated..
    02-17-09 12:45 AM
    im confused with all the data plan stuff.. i have read like 5 different things tonight about it.. I just got my curve and i got the 30 dollar BB plan.. and they told me its unlimited.. but then i read after u go above 5G u get charged.. how much is 5G's anyways... if someone can please help it will be greatly appreciated..
    unless you're on the browser 24/7 for a month straight, you're okay. 5 GB is a lot, but don't be on your blackberry 24/7 for a month straight. if you pass the 5 GB limit, get a computer!

i know it can be confusing, so if you have concerns, ask and people will help you. there are plenty of people willing to help. however, make sure you search for something first as most issues have been discussed more than once and it can get people angry, so be on the safe side and do a search. if you're still having troubles, just ask and avoid some rude comments that might come at you. good luck!
    02-17-09 01:14 AM
    I wouldn't worry about going over the data limit on the $30 plan. I have been using my BB heavily every day and I never get close to the limit. This limit was put into usage to stop people from tethering their BB without paying for the separate tethering plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 01:20 AM
    5 gigabytes is a LOT of data for a BlackBerry. There are websites out there with less bandwidth.

As long as you're using your BlackBerry & are not tethering another device, you have no limit. Use your BlackBerry to your heart's content.

I've connected to Slacker (music stream) in my hotel rooms & usually fall asleep. All night long streaming. I have exceeded 5GB & have never had a problem.

The BIS & BES data plans have the same data restrictions so don't get sucked into paying for BES service you don't need.

Some have grabbed that tethering safeguard as a reason to slam VZW.

I just realized this was an old thread revisited yesterday...

02-17-09 02:46 PM
    No, I do not NEED a blackberry. Do i want one? Yes. The 30 a moth is UNLIMITED from what I understand. The 45 is for Buisness. I believe. I will not settle for a regular phone. I cannot stand any of them. They ALL have the same basic setup. They all are torture for me to use. Verizon puts there set-up and ruins all of there regular phones. I would like something with a chat log and more features than a regular phone. I am 18 years old. I am fed up with regular phones.

Lol, OMG.

The entitlement is strong here.

Hey, just be grateful you have all of these things. When I was young, if somebody didn't know where you were, that is kinda how it stayed.
    02-17-09 03:40 PM
    The entitlement is strong here.
    Oh it is, BerryWan. They must avoid the dark side at all costs!

02-17-09 06:52 PM
    OMG....not one of these threads again......
    02-17-09 07:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD