Can someone give me some international texting help?

My boyfriend is in Iraq using the Zain network. I recently switched to Verizon from AT&T so that we could text as AT&T only works with the Iraqna network in Iraq.

For some reason, I am still not able to reply to his messages. I can read them just fine but he never gets my replies.

His mom is a Verizon user and has no problem responding to his messages. She doesn't use a BlackBerry, and I do.

Is there some setting that I need to change? I don't understand why I still can't send messages.

Please help!
    07-29-10 10:41 PM
    Is he using a US phone number or a phone number from Iraq?

If he is using an Iraq phone number, do you have an international texting plan on your account?
    07-30-10 06:40 AM
    He is using an Iraqi cell.
    According to Verizon, there is no such thing as an international texting plan. They charge by the message, both sent and received.
    He gets texts from other people in the US but mine never go through.
    07-30-10 07:53 AM
    do you have an international texting plan on your account?
    According to Verizon, there is no such thing as an international texting plan. They charge by the message, both sent and received.
    Because there isn't one. It is all pay per use.
    07-30-10 10:34 AM
    Ok. Are you following these instructions?

International Text Messaging
    07-30-10 11:44 AM
    Yes. I have been through all the instructions. My messages just never get through. I get messages all the time but I can't relpy or send a new message and have it work. My phone says they have been sent but they never reach the other end.
    Other Verizon subscribers that I know can send messages and have them go through to the same number that I am trying to message. There has to be a setting on my BlackBerry that isn't correct. None of my other friends are using BlackBerry.
    07-30-10 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD