Okay I've been trying to figure this out on my own but can't and verizon customer service is closed now!! I've also searched the forums but can't seem to find any steps to follow. I had to get a new curve because my new 3week old curve was defected. In those 3wks I've added a lot of information and downloaded a lot of applications. My question is how do I transfer all info from one bb to another?? I'm trying to use the Desktop Manager but feeling so lost!!

Can someone help this lost newbie???
    06-03-08 11:39 PM
    Use DM to backup the old BlackBerry (Under backup and restore). Once finished, connect the new BlackBerry and use the same feature to restore the backup to the new BB.
    06-03-08 11:57 PM
    Use DM to backup the old BlackBerry (Under backup and restore). Once finished, connect the new BlackBerry and use the same feature to restore the backup to the new BB.

dslocumb, this will work essentially but it wouldn't update the new device completely.

Instead you should use the Switch Device Wizard on your Desktop Manager - THIS is exactly what the tool is designed for!!

It's so very very easy to use:

Open your Desktop Manager with NO Blackberry connected.
    Click on the Switch Device Wizard and follow the prompts.

Allow about 30-45 minutes for this process and make sure that you have plenty of batter power in both the old and new Blackberry, as well as your PC (if you're using a laptop).

This Switch Device Wizard will back up your old device completely and totally then move everything (including settings, etc) to the new device.

It is VERY intuitive and easy to use! If you need more help just post here or feel free to PIN me. I've used the wizard 3 or 4 times due to upgrades and/or warranty replacements.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Last edited by pashan; 06-04-08 at 12:17 AM.
    06-04-08 12:12 AM
    Thank you both for the great info! It worked and it was pretty easy!! I'm such a happy newbie now...
    06-04-08 09:22 AM
    Yea!!! Happy Cracking!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-08 09:34 AM
    I am new to the BB community & this is going to help me SO MUCH!!!

dslocumb, this will work essentially but it wouldn't update the new device completely.

Instead you should use the Switch Device Wizard on your Desktop Manager - THIS is exactly what the tool is designed for!!

It's so very very easy to use:

Allow about 30-45 minutes for this process and make sure that you have plenty of batter power in both the old and new Blackberry, as well as your PC (if you're using a laptop).

This Switch Device Wizard will back up your old device completely and totally then move everything (including settings, etc) to the new device.

It is VERY intuitive and easy to use! If you need more help just post here or feel free to PIN me. I've used the wizard 3 or 4 times due to upgrades and/or warranty replacements.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    06-04-08 10:29 AM
    it's so very very easy to use:

This moves EVERYTHING? As in any saved calendar dates (people's birthdays), pictures, ringtones, and games?
    06-04-08 07:23 PM
    This moves EVERYTHING? As in any saved calendar dates (people's birthdays), pictures, ringtones, and games?
    Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes!!

(If you have games/applications requiring activation codes you will have to request that the vendor transfer your activations codes to your new PIN.)

That being said Lyrikay... you should be saving your pictures and ringtones on your media card anyhow! Anything that is on your Blackberry will transfer!!

Welcome to Crackberry, by the way - you will learn everything you need to know right here from the amazing members!! The whole group is helpful, kind, smart and generous! You will feel right at home here, I promise!

~P
    Last edited by pashan; 06-04-08 at 10:44 PM.
    06-04-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD