10-26-10 07:00 PM
27 12
tools
    I have a question for a friend which I am hoping can be answered on here.

My friend has a family plan and she started putting her family on it and the original agreement was Unlimited talk time and then $10.00 per person to add a line and it would cost $10 extra dollars a month per phone line. If somebody wants unlimited data that can be added in later, so she started adding people on at $10.00 and everything was great until she got her bill and she was being charged $50.00 per extra line.

She called VZW customer service and they said there was no account at that price for unlimited service and that she would have to switch to the 1200min account to get it that cheap. Which they would use up in a week or so. They asked her to fax them her original contract but she can not find it since she did the rebates and she also got this account from a non-corp vzw store.

Also I have another set of friends who are on the family plan and their contract is unlimited everything $10.00 to add a line and $10.00 a month after that.

Sorry for the run on but is there anything she can do?
    10-10-10 11:23 AM
    I have a question for a friend which I am hoping can be answered on here.

My friend has a family plan and she started putting her family on it and the original agreement was Unlimited talk time and then $10.00 per person to add a line and it would cost $10 extra dollars a month per phone line. If somebody wants unlimited data that can be added in later, so she started adding people on at $10.00 and everything was great until she got her bill and she was being charged $50.00 per extra line.

She called VZW customer service and they said there was no account at that price for unlimited service and that she would have to switch to the 1200min account to get it that cheap. Which they would use up in a week or so. They asked her to fax them her original contract but she can not find it since she did the rebates and she also got this account from a non-corp vzw store.

Also I have another set of friends who are on the family plan and their contract is unlimited everything $10.00 to add a line and $10.00 a month after that.

Sorry for the run on but is there anything she can do?

There isn't. Not only is there not a Unlimited Familyshare plan for 9.99 for the secondary lines, there never has been. Before the new price scale came out it was 99.99 for each line line, even on a family shary for unlimited. Now it's 100.00 for the Primary and 49.99 for each secondary on the Unlimited Talk and Text plan, as indicated here. So because no one else in the USA has a Familyshare Unlimited Talk and Text plan for 9.99 for the secondary line, they will not adjust anything.
    10-10-10 12:00 PM
    Yea, nothing she can do here. The price is what it is, she should have educated herself no matter what a rep at a store told her.
    10-10-10 12:21 PM
    There isn't. Not only is there not a Unlimited Familyshare plan for 9.99 for the secondary lines, there never has been. Before the new price scale came out it was 99.99 for each line line, even on a family shary for unlimited. Now it's 100.00 for the Primary and 49.99 for each secondary on the Unlimited Talk and Text plan, as indicated here. So because no one else in the USA has a Familyshare Unlimited Talk and Text plan for 9.99 for the secondary line, they will not adjust anything.
    Than how is it one family does have it and yes they do... I have seen the contract and their bill as well and they are being charged only $10.00 per line
    10-10-10 01:13 PM
    Than how is it one family does have it and yes they do... I have seen the contract and their bill as well and they are being charged only $10.00 per line
    Then both of you are misreading the bill.
    10-10-10 01:15 PM
    Then both of you are misreading the bill.
    Kind of hard to misread $10.00 with $50.00 *shrugs* oh well
    10-10-10 01:38 PM
    *Shrug* all you want. No paperwork, no recourse. Deal with it.
    10-10-10 01:45 PM
    Kind of hard to misread $10.00 with $50.00 *shrugs* oh well
    Well shouldn't be hard to fix then if you have these alleged bills and contract. Oh that's right your friend doesn't seem to have those. *shrug* oh well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 01:49 PM
    Well shouldn't be hard to fix then if you have these alleged bills and contract. Oh that's right your friend doesn't seem to have those. *shrug* oh well.

hey one does and the other doesn't *gasp* if she did then yes it would be but OH MY GOSH... you said your peace so please move on.
    10-10-10 01:54 PM
    This is too much fun now. *shrug*
    10-10-10 01:56 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen. Sorry I had to throw that in.

10-10-10 03:46 PM
    Yea, nothing she can do here. The price is what it is, she should have educated herself no matter what a rep at a store told her.

If your opinion is really what she should have done, then switching companies is what she should do now. Nothing wrong with going back to a store where someone told you some BS and seeking resolution/knocking over displays whichever you can achieve.
    10-10-10 04:06 PM
    If your opinion is really what she should have done, then switching companies is what she should do now. Nothing wrong with going back to a store where someone told you some BS and seeking resolution/knocking over displays whichever you can achieve.
    The thing is there is no BS, as this plan never existed. Only in the mind of the OP and in the minds of these "friends".
    10-10-10 04:20 PM
    I've yet to see an ETF waived for misinformation from a store.
    10-10-10 04:28 PM
    And you won't. It is ultimately the customers responsibility to know what they are signing their name to. If you fail to read the contact that you are signing your name to, that is your fault.

10-10-10 04:35 PM
    The thing is there is no BS, as this plan never existed. Only in the mind of the OP and in the minds of these "friends".
    Dude get over yourself seriously I am not making anything up... I came here asking for help and than you wanna be some a$$hole, like I said move on... you said your peace.
    10-10-10 04:58 PM
    Especially from a non-corp store, so pretty much she is screwed till she finds the contract that has everything on it.
    10-10-10 05:00 PM
    Dude get over yourself seriously I am not making anything up... I came here asking for help and than you wanna be some a$$hole, like I said move on... you said your peace.
    And I've said before, I'm only an a$$hole to people I don't like or people who are id10ts. Since I don't know you, you fall in to the latter category. I tried to help you but since you insist that these plans exist, when it never did, you are making stuff up, highly delusional, severely misinformed or a combination of all three. So now that you received the same answer from several others, you can move along now *shrug* *gasp* *OMG* dude.
    10-10-10 05:05 PM
    Especially from a non-corp store, so pretty much she is screwed till she finds the contract that has everything on it.
    It doesn't exist. So yeah she's screwed.
    10-10-10 05:06 PM
    And you won't. It is ultimately the customers responsibility to know what they are signing their name to. If you fail to read the contact that you are signing your name to, that is your fault.

Damn skippy.

The contract will have what the actual plan is. $70 for the first, $50 per each additional line. She signed it. Done deal.
    10-10-10 06:01 PM
    Damn skippy.

The contract will have what the actual plan is. $70 for the first, $50 per each additional line. She signed it. Done deal.
    Yes, sorry...I was raised by a lawyer...read the fine print.
    10-10-10 09:17 PM
    hey one does and the other doesn't *gasp* if she did then yes it would be but OH MY GOSH... you said your peace so please move on.
    hahaha, I love when people argue and get heated when they think they are right.....but they are not.

The guy you are arguing with is a VZW employee, im a VZW employee. No such plan ever existed.
    10-20-10 10:52 AM
    Well she is going to be searching for a long time to find a contract with that incorrect information on it. Happy hunting.
    10-20-10 10:54 AM
    The others are correct, take your friends contract down to the place where the original contract was signed and show them your friends contract.

Unlimited plus $9.99 per line is the steal of the century. Let me know how you do it, I want in on this plan.
    10-22-10 07:20 PM
    So cust service told you there was not a plan for unl min for 10 for each secondary line people on here tell you the same. So what do you not understand lets see if i can help. There is not a unlimited talk plan in which the secondary lines are 9.99 the unlimited talk plan is 119.99 for the first 2 lines and 49.99 for each extra line up to 3. Your friend does not have a unlimted talk plan where the secondary lines are10.00 because it does not exist. so if you don't like what we are saying *shrug* oh well
    10-26-10 05:32 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD